A Rather Bloody Family Reunion

5 months have passed and Shen was a changed peacock. He made up with Po – sort of he managed to get to the point where he didn’t want to skin him in every second they interacted - and although he still was vary of some of the Kung fu masters, he healed a lot both from his sickness and from his mental pain of parental issues. As his new life seemed different, so different from his conquering spree with his pack of wolves.

On a sunny day Shifu finally let Shen participate in a team exercise, even tho the peacock refused to use any other fighting style than Kai li fo.
That’s when his cousin flew in, he demanded Shen back by challenging the five and winning victoriously.

But then his father arrived.
Shen’s cousin-Sahen was also an albino peacock but his feathers were more of a light, faded crimson and his eyes were light blue. His father had a tazor and a chain in his wings. Shen’s cousin panicked and tried to flew away but his father got to him first. His father was a colorful blue peacock, in his panick the younger albino peacock tazed his father by accident, almost killing him. As his father got up he chained down his son and as Shen was about to leap into action,  Sahen stabbed his own father right trough the heart while letting out an agonizing peacock call..

„ When were you ever going to tell me you had a long distant cousin?! „ Po was bamboozled,shocked. He only arrived to the scene when Sahen was already fighting his father.

Shen ignored him. Trying to study his distant cousin’s expression. He saw no regret on his face.

„..This old fool just showed up out of nowhere.”Sahen exclaimed. Looking at the body before him. Now painted in red, lifeless.

„Why did you put yourself trough all this? Just to try and take me back, knowing it’s not possible.? „Shen asked on a stiff voice.

„Isn’t it obvious?! I want to get you back! I want to be by your side! I want you to teach me, to see me as worthy of your knowledge! „ the younger peacock screamed in rage.
Guards rushed in to the scene and Sahen now needed to concrete on a, new challenge. To beat up only a, few of the guards,even tho he would have liked to get rid of all.

Shen couldn’t shake the feeling. His journey of accepting Po as a possible ally in life was hard enough and now this!!! How could this get any worse?!
„Sheesh, that bird sure put up a good fight. „ Monkey admitted.
„I can’t feel my legs.. „Mantis complained and it was reasonable. After all he did almost got eaten alive by Shen’s distant cousin.
„He seemed rather desperate to get Shen back, I wonder what got him so railed up to commit such a monstrous act. „Viper added still itching from the fight.
„He certainly knows how to soar the sky gracefully. „ Crane commented stretching his wings and cleaning them. His feathers were torn from the young peacock’s sharp claws.
Shen didn’t join the four. He was more concerned about his distant relative. Annoyed, confused, curious, flabbergasted. That fool went into a fight for him. For his admiration. He knew the young peacock always looked up at him but he would have never taught he would go to such a length... Questions raising in his mind he went to see him but was stopped by non other than the red panda, Shifu.
„I know how you most feel conflicted, hurt, confused. But I can’t let you in there. Not yet currently. „he signed looking at the stone doors direction. Shen heard a few things break, and the furious calls of a peacock. The door started to echo as the young bird now was continues ly slamming his sharp claws into the door, kicking it as hard as could.
„Oh, dear... He is throwing a fit in there.. His wings will be itching for days if he continues on.. „Shen whispered to Shifu not wanting his cousin to hear he is present. Without a second taught Shen gracefully took his direction to his own room. His long claws clicking every time he took a step. He knew he was in for one hell of a night...

Sahen was locked up in the Jade palace, refusing to get taken away and threatening the guards he would kill them if they get closer. Sahen wanted to stay with Shen, even though his mind was foggy. He wanted to make Lord Shen happy. He couldn’t endure being locked up in a room so he taught of a suiting solution. He always loved his war screams so he let out a peacock scream, slamming the locked door. He swore he would kill everyone expect Shen and his angry threats and screaming only grew as the night passed.
He wouldn’t stop that echoing peacock scream. Over and over again. He went at it all night... Without any sleep what so ever..
Shen had trouble even shutting his eyes and now he even had to deal with 5 angry Kung Fu masters.

„Lord Shennnn, can’t you get him to shut his beak?? I need my beauty rest „Po whined.

„His screams are nerve wrecking. „Mantis added.

„It’s like he is dying from the inside out. „Viper whisperes.

„Maybe beacuse he is you idiots. He killed his own FATHER. Doesn’t that ring a bell?! „Shen was fed up with the whole thing, especially at the lack of sympathy the masters choose to have for his cousin... He never taught he would ever think about having sympathy for one.

„He didn’t have any reason to do so, did he? „Tigress slammed her door open eyeing Lord Shen.

„You are the one to talk, big cat... That’s ironic. You do all kinds of things without having any reason for it. For example involving yourself in a conversation you didn’t need to add anything to!! „ he let out a hiss as his eyes narrowed.

„He won’t stop his temper tantrum. He doesn’t need to do so. It’s a reasonable response after one killed his own blood and flesh.. I shall talk to him tomorrow.. First thing in the morning... Now stop this pity child talk and go back to your rooms, get some shut eye! „he raised his voice almost screaming.

„Will try, no promises tho... „ Monkey waved back to him.. tired.