TWO

The leaves under our feet rustled as the chilly wind blew shaking the trees , the Beta , Third in command and myself anticipated the arrival of the Black Marks Alpha. We were told to go outside and wait for their arrival as the border patrol informed us that they would be here any minute.

My wolf felt on edge as the wind blew even harder , even my thick black tights and sweater couldn't contain the chillness in the air. I puffed my cheeks annoyed at the wait the Black Marks were causing us which caused The Beta , Owen to chuckle.

" Aren't you a little restless?" He said with humor lacing his voice.

" Totally , like look I'm even shaking with excitement" I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"How cute , Well look you won't have to wait any longer" He said pointing to the figures emerging from the forest , their scents making us aware of their presence.

All three of us quickly fixed our posture , we stood straight and tall proud to presenting our pack. As they came closer and closer my wolf started to feel more antsy which irritated me to the point I grinded my teeth together.

The similar face of their Beta came into view causing me to smirk , looks like their Alpha once again failed to show up.

We bowed down to each other as we made contact the blonde Beta noticed my sly smirk and said ,

"Our Alpha got stuck in some important work however he will be showing up to Today's meeting"

" Okay I'll inform my Alpha , for now please follow us inside to the meeting room" Beta Owen spoke with authority in his voice.

We all headed inside Beta Owen , the Third in command , and I leading the way for the Black Marks pack.

Arriving at the room which our pack held meetings at I opened the door and lead everyone inside.

" Alpha Tyler , the Alpha of the Black Marks will be arriving later into the meeting due to some business that held him back" The Beta said.

I scoffed as he repeated the words he told us outside, Did he really think we wouldn't inform our Alpha as soon as we were told. My anger spiked at their arrogance and how they looked down at us.

"Yes, Beta Owen informed me. Let's proceed with the meeting and you can fill Alpha Aiden in when he arrives" Alpha Tyler's gruff voice sounded through the room making the Beta nod in agreement

----------------------

Halfway through the meeting , I was completely spaced out and bored at the pack business they were discussing. The only thing I was trying to focus on was why my wolf felt on edge all day.

"Elore" Suddenly I heard Alpha Tyler's voice through the mind link

"Yes Alpha" I answered trying to focus again.

" Alpha Aiden has arrived at our borders , Would you mind leading him inside?" Alpha Tyler said.

At that I stiffened but not wanting to disobey him , I simply bowed my head and headed out when Alpha Tyler's voice filled my head again.

"Take a guard with you Elore" He warned

" Yes Alpha" I said.

-----------------------

I patiently waited outside for Alpha Aiden as my wolf kept protesting and warning me to go back inside , she sensed danger due to the rumors of Alpha Aiden and his ruthless behavior. I simply ignored her while I stood strong with the guard at my side.

A shuffling from the woods snapped me out of my trance as a sweet aroma filled the air causing my wolf to suddenly calm down.

The most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on emerged from the forest. I got a view of his chiseled jaw , perfectly tousled hair and strong muscled arms. He looked simply stunning in just a blue shirt and black jeans that hugged his hips perfectly.

Alpha Aiden looked like the most mesmerizing person as he discussed something with guard while approaching us.

The sweet aroma started getting stronger and I sensed that Alpha Aiden was the one who held that delightful scent. My wolf started fidgeting more which made it hard for me to try concentrate.

When he finally approached us , his eyes snapped to mines and I gasped.

It felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks while my wolf softly whispered the words I didn't expect to hear.

"Mate"

My throat felt constricted and Alpha Aiden's jaw tightened. My guard noticed the sudden loss of words I was at and proceeded to try to speak in my behave.

"A-Alpha I--It's a pleasure for you to join us , Please fo--follow us righ--t this way"

I was grateful to him at that moment because I wasn't able to form any words and the lack of acknowledgement from my mate made my wolf whine.

We walked through dimly lit hallway leading to the office as I once again opened to the door for the Alpha and headed inside. Everyone stopped at the arrival of Alpha Aiden as power radiated from him. They bowed down and he nodded his head acknowledging Alpha Tyler and Our pack.

Stunned by the events happening I proceeded my way to the door trying to get away so I'd be able to think. Aiden sensed my movement and looked directly at me.

"We'll discuss whatever happened outside later" I was stunned at the sound of his deep yet raspy voice which made me weak to my legs.

I nodded and faster than ever proceed out the door.