Three - A New Guardian

<>

??? - ???

<>

Enterprise is standing alone on the ocean. All around her, are wreckages of the riggings she recognized to be her allies she was sworn to protect.

Breathing furiously in frustration, she is staring at a line of Siren battleships, with laser guns pointed right at her. A massive row of giant tentacles appears within the mist that rolls by the ships.

She trained her bow and aimed right at what looked like to be a gargantuan creature when it suddenly, the tentacles turn into laser guns.

"You...." Enterprise grumbled loudly and the creature revealed itself to be a humanoid Siren as well. She laughs devilishly as Enterprise fires multiple arrows in rapid succession, some turning into screaming eagle and bomber aircraft as she furiously fires at the Siren and a long row of battleships and cruisers, causing a tremendous explosion in the distance.

But she continues firing and firing, until the tentacles from the humongous Siren creature starts glowing bright purple, and soon, fires back, with its beam roaring straight towards Enterprise face. She manages to dodge a few laser beams and refuses to give in, but by the sixth beam, the concentrated beam shatters her bow.

"No!" she shouted.

Distracted by the loss of her weapon, the gigantic humanoid Siren fires another rows of lasers, whilst one of the battleships fires a large volley of homing anti-ship missiles. Refusing to give in, she evades the missiles, but then as she does so, she sees the beam, coming straight at her face.

Her vision flashed almost in an instant and she can only use her hands to shield her face. Then she shuts her eyes tight...

...

...

Only for her to open her eyes once more after the fact, she quickly gets herself up from lying down from her pillow, gasping for breath... Now, everything she sees is a dark room, with a large curtain that appeared to be covering a large window behind a bright set of lights outside and sniffing the cold air coming from an air-conditioning unit above by the wall, which allows her to ease her nerves and to check the surroundings more thoroughly, eventually she concluded:

"I am in a hospital, huh..."

She unfurled her blanket and checks herself by the mirror she finds beside her on the table to check what was wrong, to find out her wounds by her forehead had been healed, with bandages taped by her forehead and her arm have only a single tube connected through her skin which she believes it is an IV tube.

Apart from hearing rhythmic beeps from the EKG monitoring machine near her, she appeared to be wearing a hospital gown, a simple white medium sleeved shirt, and white pajamas after taking off her blanket. It dawned on her that everything she saw just moments ago was just a nightmare, and she gave a big sigh of relief once more.

Enterprise sighed: "What a nightmare...."

She looks on over the digital clock which was attached underneath the still-running television, which had been left on for quite some time. There she noticed that the date was indeed May 17, 2022, and it is now close to midnight, realizing that she had been out for several hours since she fainted upon hearing she is, in fact, at New York City, albeit in a very different timeline.