Background

The story is set in a world where soulmates exist. It is expected of one to find their soulmates once they turn 23 and accept them for who they are. Embrace them as your better half, love them, and spend the rest of your life together. You recognize your soulmate through skin-to-skin contact. A touch that would make you feel energized, a spark, a small zap of electricity that helps you meet the ONE for you. After the initial contact, a tattoo appears on your wrist or chest. The soulmate pair will have matching tattoos. These tattoos are not exclusive to one couple in the whole world. Most tattoos are common among soulmates. They also give you an idea of how your relationship would be. If the tattoo is red, then your relationship is more physical. That is, your bond is strengthened by physical proximity. These relationships require spending more time together in each other's proximity and having physical contact. If the tattoo is of a blue shade, the bond is based more on an emotional connection. While the couple would still need physical contact to strengthen their bond, they can survive on just an emotional connection. A lot of times, such soulmates choose to stay friends rather than romantic partners. If the tattoo is green, the bond is practically non-existent. These soulmate pairs don't need physical proximity to heal or strengthen their bond. These soulmate pairs can stay away from each other for a very long time without medical support. So when these soulmate pairs stay together, it is almost fully out of choice rather than necessity. These bonds are the rarest.