Is this okay?

Midoriya had asked Mina for help getting Shinsou's number that week. It wasn't hard noticing the guy's hesitance to ask in the first place. It didn't matter. Mina was ready to help him either way. She was never one to judge, and Midoriya appreciated that.

He had meant to ask Shinsou for it before the weekend. He did. Long story short, he chickened out. The truth was that he had been planning something a little different for that Saturday. A hangout.

It wasn't sparring. It wasn't a study group. This was something entirely different. Deku had been looking forward to this. Getting to know more about Shinsou and all. It would take more than this to shake Midoriya, but it'd be a lie to say he wasn't worried. Shinsou might flat out reject him. He had made it clear he didn't want friends. On the other hand, he could tell that they were now on equal footing. They respected each other. Plus, maybe he wanted to show the guy that friendships weren't a waste of time.

He held his breath. The line was still connecting. Why did it feel so eternal? Right. His classmate might be busy. He should hang up and call again late—the line connected.
"Waah—Shinsou hey! It's me, Deku!"

"Midoriya? This is new."

Shinsou's voice didn't give any hint to anger. Maybe it was okay that he had called.

In fact, he seemed calm. Maybe amused?

That was enough to make him happy.

"It is. I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your number from a friend of mine."

It was a foreign sound, hearing the freckled guy so close. He didn't mind it.

"I don't. So what's up?"

He's okay with it!

"Well, the thing is, I know we were planning a rematch soon. Though, I was hoping you wouldn't mind a change of plans..."

"Did something come up? We can cancel if you nee-"

"It's not that at all! I-I was just hoping you'd hang out with me.."

"Hang out?"

The line was silent after that. Izuku knew that maybe he'd lost Shinsou there. Most likely uncomfortable with the sudden invitation. He was about to backtrack when-

"Where would we go?"

His tone. Cautious, but curious.

"I-I have so many things planned! It really depends on what you'd want to do. So, what do you think?". Deku held his breath.

On the other line, the tired-eye boy was internally thanking technology. Without it, he'd have trouble hiding his reddened face. He sure as heck wasn't experienced with "hanging out". But a possibly fun day out, with someone like Midoriya. Well, that didn't really sound so bad.

"Okay. Let's go."

After discussing the details with Shinsou, Deku hung up. OH. MY. GOODNESS. He was happy. No, he was excited. No, ecstatic! He didn't really know what word to use. He only knew one thing. Saturdays were now his favorite, and also possibly the color purple.