Crystal clear.

Brainwashing.
Everyone was wary of it. Side-eyes, second glances, the list goes on.
Shinsou would never use it for bad, though.
But he was sure that his sparring partner would be disappointed now. He was this close to using it on his classmates.
They were talking about Midoriya.
For some reason, this struck a nerve.

"Shinsou! Is it true you're hanging out with that crazy guy from 1A?"
"Isn't he a little too much to handle?"
"Since when are you two friends?"

It wasn't their business. Who cared if they hung out?
He didn't particularly like them being nosy. But if he really thought about it, he wasn't trying to make friends.
But if has to be friends with someone—it would definitely be the green-haired boy.
He was kind as he was determined. Powerful, and funny, too. Not a bad combo.
"Actually yeah, we've started hanging out recently. I guess."
Everyone went silent.
He definitely did not expect that reaction.

"That's good, Shinsou! Get in close, just to beat them at their own game! I like your thinking." Of course, this comes from Monoma.

"It's not like that, really. The guys a good sparring partner and great company, too." Shinsou absentmindedly touches the back of his head.
He didn't mind admitting this. But did he have to?

His classmates thankfully decided to not push the subject anymore. Maybe their rivalry with the other hero course didn't run as deep as he had thought.

Even with everyone off his back now, he couldn't stop thinking about it.
He knew deep inside that the freckled boy was now a part of his life. He didn't mind keeping it that way.
Would he ever admit it out loud? Probably not.
Whether that was the right or wrong thing to do, he was ready to find out.
For now, all he wanted was to do his best.
And maybe that meant he wanted to his best with Midoriya by his side.