three

⦅ annika's pov ⦆
march 20th, 2024

new york always treats her well. it's her home city and every time she plays a show, the crowd shows her so much love. she decided that it was time to show new york some love back.

it's only a one off show and done because she did just get done touring with taylor swift for a few weeks. she's exhausted but she's always wanted to do a special show in new york.

this is that special show. a sold out special show as well.

annika can't wait to get back on stage after about two weeks off. excited can't even begin to describe how she feels.

a knock rings out on her dressing room door. she opens the door and finds her best friends on the other side. mya practically bounces into the room with a smile on her face.

"i have some news for you," mya tells her. "i was scoping out the crowd to see who was here and i think you should know that half an nhl team is in the pit."

she raises her eyebrows as ethan walks in and shuts the door behind him. "which nhl team?" annika questions.

"the new jersey devils," ethan replies for mya. he shoots her a quick glance. "her man crush is in the pit."

"call jack hughes a man crush one more time and we will have problems," mya retorts. annika sits back down in front of the mirror to finish up her makeup while her friends bicker. "he is one of the most talented players in the league when he can stay healthy. i'm allowed to admire him for his talent."

annika smiles and shakes her head as she applies some lipstick. "you think he's hot," ethan says. "you talk about how hot he is all the time. even his brothers."

a sigh comes from mya. "yeah, okay," she admits. "i think jack and his brothers are hot." mya turns her attention to annika. "please tell me you're on my side. i'm allowed to admire a player for his looks and talent."

she laughs and turns in her chair to face mya. "i think you're allowed to admire a player for many reasons," she tells her best friend. "looks and skill are reasons to admire a player."

mya points at annika and looks at ethan. "see?"

ethan just rolls his eyes. annika can't tell if it's playful or not. "whatever you guys say," he says.

a knock rings throughout the small room. "ten minutes," comes through the door.

"alright," annika sighs. "kicking you both out so i can put on my earpiece and do my vocal warmup. see you after the show."

they both wish her luck as she whisks them out the door. someone comes in a second later to get her earpiece on and working. she does her vocal warmups as soon as everything is ready to go with her earpiece.

as she does her warmups, she thinks about mya. her best friend has been by her side for years and has shared the stage with her so many times. it might be time to thank her.

when she leaves the room, she approaches the first security guard she comes across. he looks very attentive when she walks up. "what can i do for you, miss murphy?" he asks.

"do you know who jack hughes is?" she asks. "the hockey player? plays for the devils in the nhl?" he nods. "cool. i need you to bring him and whoever he came to the show with backstage after. he's in the pit right now so if you could grab him before the show ends, that would be great."

the security guard nods again. "i'll inform him and his group that they're invited backstage when we get to the encore," he tells annika.

she thanks him and heads to the stage for the show. annika is handed a microphone as she walks toward the stage. she can hear the crowd buzzing the closer she gets.

as soon as the lights dim, the crowd screams. she quickly runs out onto stage before the lights come on. the first keys begin to play and she begins the set with "emails i can't send". the lights come on and she looks out into the crowd as she continues with the first verse.

then she sees him for the first time since that night out in boston. longer hair and a little more of a beard than the last time annika saw him.

it's really him though. and of course he's standing right next to jack hughes.

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊˚⊹

-

liked by mya

liked by mya.adams, fan1 and 103,972 others

annika gave nyc some love tn. truly blessed to be able to perform in the city that i call home. ty new york 🤍

view all 3,162 comments

fan1 wish i could've been there 😌
fan2 next time !

mya.adams blessing my eyes every time you get onto a stage. will never not be amazed by you 🫶🏼
annika @mya.adams my bestieee (btw pls come backstage when you get a chance)

fan3 are we not gonna talk abt how half the new jersey devils were at her show tonight ? like i swear i saw like seven of them in the pit

dawson1417 @jackhughes
fan4 @dawson1417 NOT THE TAG LMAOO
jackhughes @dawson1417 shut up

ethanhayes one of my talented best friends 🫶🏼

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊˚⊹

jhugh (@jackhughes) is now following you!
Dawson Mercer (@dawson1417) is now following you!
Alexander Holtz (@holtz_10) is now following you!
Luke Hughes (@lhughes_06) is now following you!

@nicohischier is now following you!