nine

⦅ annika's pov ⦆

alcohol and nico seem to be a very dangerous combination when it comes to annika. this is the second time she's had a few drinks and ended up making out with him. it'll probably end with the two of them naked in her bed.

bringing nico back to her apartment was is most likely going to come back and bite her in the ass, but right now, she couldn't care less.

the only thing she cares about right now is being pinned to the mattress by nico. if he'll even pin her to her mattress. she hasn't exactly been very nice to him recently.

after stumbling through the living room of her disorganized apartment because they can't keep their hands off each other, they finally make it to her bedroom. she kicks the door shut behind them and nico immediately presses her back to it. she grunts from how hard he pressed her against the wood.

annika's hands slither up the front of nico's hoodie and rest on his still very toned stomach. it feels as if his abs have gotten more defined in the past few months but she won't know until she is able to pull the hoodie off of him. the sooner she gets the hoodie off, the better.

one of nico's hands cups her cheek so gently that there's a light, bubbly feeling in her stomach. the other hand rests on her waist, pinning her to the door behind her.

"off," she mumbles against his lips as she pulls at the fabric of his hoodie. "nico, off."

he is quick to pull back, breaking the kiss in the process. annika pushes the hoodie up. nico helps her and pulls it off his body. the hoodie and the hat he's wearing hit the floor with a soft thud. her eyes fall from his face to his naked upper body.

yeah, it's better than she remembers.

annika sucks her bottom lip between her teeth as she scans his chest and torso. she glances at the tattoo on his inner tricep. her fingers brush over it for a second before she looks up at him. "what is it?"

"the tattoo?" annika nods in reply. "my family's star signs. my parents and my siblings. i'm away from home a lot so i wanted to do something for them that way they'd be close to me."

every time she learns something new about nico, she realizes that maybe he isn't the kind of guy to sleep with someone then run in the middle of the night. he's the kind of guy that deserves to wear a 'C' on his chest every time he steps onto the ice.

maybe he really did have to run that morning in boston because his team needed him. she might be starting to get that.

she puts her hands on his chest and starts to push him toward the bed in the center of the room. nico smiles as his knees hit the bed and he sits back. he looks up at her as she kicks off her heels.

"so short," nico comments.

"doesn't matter when you're on top of me," she retorts as she reaches behind her to unzip her dress. slowly, she drags the zipper down until the tight fabric loosens and falls down her body. she's left in nothing but the matching pink lace panties she put on just in case.

that just in case apparently being nico. it wasn't supposed to be nico, but there he was.

nico's eyes rake her body. "fuck me," he mumbles.