eight

⦅ nico's pov ⦆

trying to get on annika's good side has been very tough. no matter what he does, he can never get it right.

she did end up using the number he gave her, but she just texted him "L" after they lost to ottawa a few days ago. he knew immediately who it was as soon as he saw the text.

now they're on a week long roadie so there is zero chance of running into annika or her friends. he might be grateful for this well placed roadie.

on the plane, he sits between jack and jesper like he always does. jesper has on his headphones and is zoned out. jack is typing away and laughs at something.

"who ya texting?" nico questions as he tries to look at his phone. jack quickly hides it and sends nico a glare.

"mya," he replies. "she's sending me memes of myself. apparently there were a bunch from last season when i slipped on the ice during playoffs."

nico smiles and shakes his head. "glad you got something out of the other day," he says as he settles into his seat. "i got lectured and texted an L when we lost last week."

that gets jack's attention. "lectured?" he asks.

he turns his head and looks at his alternate captain. "you don't know?" nico questions in reply. jack raises his eyebrows in confusion. "i'm surprised merc didn't tell you. annika and i hooked up in boston, then i ran out the next morning without leaving a note or waking her up. she's not my biggest fan at the moment."

jack's jaw drops. "you hooked up with annika and walked out without saying anything to her?" jack asks. "you're a dumbass, hisch. i can't believe you fumbled her."

"it's not like i tried to fumble her," nico defends. "i had to run out because you guys were blowing up my phone and asking me where i was. plus, i am actually trying to get back on her good side."

the gears turn in jack's head and it scared nico. he can see the lightbulb that goes off in jack's head a second later.

he was right to be scared.

"i think the four of us should hang out when we get back to newark," jack suggests. "i'll set it up with mya. please get on her good side because i don't want the two of you fighting."

"we have a peace agreement," nico mumbles under his breath. jack just shakes his head and goes back on his phone.

it's going to be a long flight to toronto.

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊˚⊹

nico thought he'd be able to relax when they got back into newark after a week-long roadie.

he has never been more wrong in his life.

the day after they fly back into newark after losing to buffalo and about three hours after he got home from practice, jack texts him.

jack "lil jizzy" hughes
what are you doing right now ?

nico
trying to relax after practice. why ?

jack "lil jizzy" hughes
you and i are going out with the girls
tonight

you're not allowed to say no because you
want to get back on annika's good side,
right ?