fifteen

⦅ annika's pov ⦆

in the hours while nico is at practice, she does go exploring with mya and ethan. it's a beautiful city and she hasn't been here in a few years so she does take the opportunity to walk around a little bit, buy some new clothes, try some new food.

the trio pass a cafe around two so they decide to get something to eat since they haven't eaten since breakfast. mya orders a coffee and breakfast sandwich, ethan gets a latte and a grilled cheese, and annika gets an iced coffee and a croissant.

they sit down to eat and mya asks, "so, when are you seeing nico?"

"shh, mya," she snaps. "you never know who is listening. plus, we're just here for vacation. it's not my fault his tournament takes place at the same time as our vacation." annika grins as she takes a bite of her croissant.

mya smiles and rolls her eyes. "right," she laughs. "that's why you bought a switzerland jersey with his name and number on it."

"just in case we go to a game or two while we're here," she defends herself with a smile. mya just mirrors her smile. "i find myself liking hockey a little more these days."

her best friend looks across the table at her and asks, "hockey? or do you find yourself liking a certain hockey captain?"

now that is a loaded question that she is not ready to answer yet. she's not sure if she'll ever be ready to answer that question.

annika's phone goes off with a buzz in her pocket. she sees a text from nico saying he's on his way to her hotel. he says he needs to shower since he left the arena right after practice but that he can't wait to see her.

quickly, she finishes her lunch and says, "he's on his way to the hotel so i'm going to head back."

"let us know when it's safe to come back to the room," ethan replies.

"walls are soundproof, e," she reminds her friend. "see you both later."

she's out the door before either of them can say anything else.

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊˚⊹

annika decides as she unlocks the hotel room door that she wants to surprise nico with her new hockey jersey. after dropping most of the bags she got from her shopping trip, she takes one into the bedroom. she strips down to her underwear and bra before pulling on the swiss hockey jersey.

a keycard is used on the hotel room door and she peeks her head into the living room area to see a sweaty nico hischier walk into the room.

she swings the door open and leans against the doorway. "what do you think of my new jersey?" she asks. nico's head snaps in her direction as she keeps talking. "i just wanted to wear a swiss jersey if i go to a game or two, or maybe when i play the shows later this month. not sure yet. how does it look? too big?"

"if you wanted a jersey, i could have given you one of mine. i have plenty you could've had," nico tells her as he strides across the room to get to her. "fuck, annika. i think this is the first time i'm seeing you in a jersey, and it's my jersey."

"got your name on my back and everything," she says as nico reaches her.

nico doesn't let her say anything else. he crashes his lips to hers. the force of the kiss causes her to step backward into her bedroom for the next few weeks. her hands fly up to his jaw as the kiss turns hungry.

it's only been maybe three weeks since they were last able to hook up, but it has felt like forever. nico left new jersey right after his season ended with the devils to go to switzerland to prepare for worlds. then he came to czechia to play in some pre-tournament games and now the tournament starts tomorrow.

he's been so busy that they haven't talked much, but now she gets to see him whenever they both want since she's here. honestly, she gets to watch some hockey, play some shows, and have some very hot sex from now til the end of may. this is her kind of vacation.

nico breaks the heated kiss and looks down at her with a smile on his face. "i need to shower before we do anything," he reminds her. "i'm all sweaty and gross. being sweaty is not hot at all."

"i don't know," she sighs as she runs a finger over his stubbled jaw. "it does something for me when i know you're sweaty from hockey."

he rolls his eyes and takes a step toward the master bathroom that's attached to the bedroom. "maybe another time but right now, i do want to shower," he explains. nico turns his head and looks at her when she doesn't follow. "you coming with me or what?"

with his invitation, she follows him into the bathroom with a grin on her face.

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊˚⊹

liked by myaaa, haysey and 17 other

annmurph there's a hockey player in my bed again

view all 7 comments

myaaa you're the one that invited him into your bed to begin with
annmurph @myaaa and i'll keep doing it as long as he wants
myaaa @annmurph down BAD annika. all this for a nhl captain

hayesy safe to come back ?
annmurph @hayesy it's always been safe to come back
hayesy @annmurph didn't wanna see something that would traumatize me
myaaa @haysey @annmurph he says this as if he hasn't seen both of us in some stage of undress already