God of the Moon (Count Nightfell)

Here's Count Nightfell!

Count Nightfell is the God of the Moon

Count Nightfell is the God of the Moon. As the patron of the shadowy night, he is a very mysterious and secretive deity, to the point that no human knows his true name and instead is known by a second name. Like the moon's shadow, he is incredibly elusive, as it is rare for any human or any god to receive an answer or a meeting from him.

He is the older brother of Zac, the God of the Sun. Sun and moon, day and night, light and dark, the two brothers are opposites in every way. Regardless, the two brothers love each other very much, and Zac is one of the few gods that Count Nightfell regularly sees, and is the only one who knows his true name. In fact, when the two meet each other in the sky during a solar eclipse, they are so happy to see each other that they dance together.

There is actually a legend that, as the older brother, Count Nightfell was originally intended to be the God of the Sun. He deemed being the center of the solar system too big a job for him, though, and decided to hand the role to his younger brother, settling for the much smaller Earth and its even smaller moon. The act was said to solidify his love for his brother, and the legend of the selfless act is an educational story for siblings everywhere.

As God of the Moon, his job is to watch over and protect the nightlife, along with providing tired souls with pleasant dreams that would replenish their strength when they awoke. If one couldn't sleep or had a series of nightmares, it's believed that they've angered Count Nightfell in some way. Due to his mysterious nature, there is no established way to anger him, which leaves many people worrying over if they're going to have a pleasant dream when they go to sleep, or a violent nightmare.

Yet like that of which he is patron of, he also has a dark side. It's said that the act of thievery - taking something without knowledge or permission - greatly amuses him. The act amuses him so much, in fact, that he long ago established a way to assist thieves. He made it so that as the days and nights progressed, he would slowly move the Moon behind the Earth, thus blocking the light from the Sun and allowing thieves to move freely in the dark nights. The other gods have tried to get him to stop, but the night is his domain, so they can't really say anything against him.

And Zac certainly can't tell him off... he's Zac's big brother, after all.