0 | PROLOGUE

⊂🍃⊃

⊂🍃⊃

The bell tingled as a tall, good-looking male entered the brightly lit café. The smell of pastries, cookies and latte filled his senses. He didn't minded the murmurs that echoed around him with each step he took towards the counter.

"He's ethereal"

"Gosh, how can I get his number?"

"What would you like to have, sir?" A younger, Japanese female questioned. Avoiding any kind of eye contacts, the guy took off his airpods and scratched his head, looking up at the menu screen.

He turned his attention to woman infront of him and replied, "One matcha latte, please". The woman nodded, taking a glance at him shyly. The older male caught the gaze and blinked a few times. Her eyes... blueberry eyes...

She immediately lowered her gaze and covered her eyes by lowering her cap. While the male smiled widely and looked at the name tag on her uniform. She is the one! Mizaki Saki!

"May I know your name, sir?" She asked politely, patiently waiting to type his name over the receipt.

He immediately nodded and smiled wider, "I'm Kyupi-" he stopped his words before he blurted out more and shaked his head, confused what to say. "Sir, you have to hurry there are others in the queue" Saki informed in a soft, gentle voice.

He looked around hurriedly, watching a waiter pass by with a name tag 'Kim Jeunghan'. Kim... He murmured inaudibly, his eyes landing on a trashcan full of Junk. Junk??? He wondered, snapping out of his thoughts when a kid behind him on the line, hits his legs.

"Yue! Don't do that-"

"This guy is taking forever!" The kid snapped back at her grandmother.

Yue...

Kim Junk yue? Kim Junkyu!

"I'm sorry on behalf of my grand daughter but you really should hurry, young man" The old woman said politely, And he nodded immediately.

Saki stood still, waiting for him to say his name. "My name is, Kim Junkyu" He replied, Saki nodded and typed his name over the receipt and handed it to him.

"Sit anywhere you'd like, sir." Mizaki Saki smiled warmly at Kim Junkyu, he returned her smile and nodded. Walking left before turning and going right again. Saki chuckled, shaking her head at his silliness.

⊂🍃⊃

Junkyu watched from afar, watching how Mizaki Saki smiled and professionally did her works. Kim Junkyu did wonder, she seems so happy already, why would she even need an guardian angel from above?

He shrugged his thoughts when he noticed, Saki approaching his table. He fixed his frame and sat still. The moment Saki was about to put down the glass of match latte, Junkyu tried to help. Their fingers touched ever so slightly in the process and a electricity rushed through both their veins.

Junkyu removed his hand and Saki winced, pulling her hand back.

"Ow—"

"No—"

The latte spills on the table, drenching Kim Junkyu's neat jeans. Saki began to panic, bowing multiple times and using a tissue to wipe off the table while Junkyu stared at his fingers. What was that?

"I'm so sorry for that! Oh gosh..." Saki murmured, cleaning her fingers before running them through her silky hair. "I can repay for another latt—"

"No, it's okay" Junkyu said softly, trying to calm the younger female down. They both drew attention from everyone in this café, Saki's manager's too.

"Saki, you can calm down", Saki looked at the hand that rested on her shoulder and smiled. "I hope it's okay, Nanami" Saki murmured to her manager, her manager also nodded, smiling in response.

"Sir, I'm really very sorry for ruining your jeans and spilling your latte" Saki turned her head to Junkyu, who took his time to recover from the electrical shock when their fingers brushed slightly. Saki did another 90° bow and Junkyu stood up, stopping her from doing that with his words, "It's really fine, Saki".

⊂🍃⊃

Saki walked beside Kim Junkyu, an awkward gap between them. She thought she could escape from her job after providing order to one last customer but who knew she'd be stuck with this Kim Junkyu to prove that she was sincerely apologetic.

"So... You do this job for living?" Kim Junkyu questioned, watching Saki nod her head. "What about you?" Saki asked softly, Junkyu thought for a while, looking here and there again, making her chuckle. "Is this your habit or something?" She asked with a soft laughter. Junkyu stared at her, dumbfounded but then smiled, shaking his head until his eyes landed on a local market.

"I selfish" he replied, watching Saki's eyes widening slightly before she broke into a laughter.

"You mean... You sell fish?" She asked between giggles, Junkyu tilted his head, unsure of what to response. But seeing Saki laugh, made him smile.

"So you really sell fish for living?" Saki questioned again after calming down a little, Junkyu shaked his head again. "I think... It's complicated to say what I do." He replied, when they both stopped by the bridge over a lake. He glanced at the bluish purple sky above before turning his gaze back to Saki. "You're an assassin? Spy?" Saki asked again, leaning over the railing.

"I'll tell you soon" Junkyu said softly, as if it was a secret. Saki nodded her head slowly, she was a very patient person.

They both stared at the lake and sky, watching the sunset together. The silence between them was surprisingly comfortable and Saki didn't thought it would feel so nice with a complete stranger.

Should I really tell her, that my job doesn't requires any payments? That I'm not a human like her? Kim Junkyu wondered, watching Saki's ocean eyes shimmering under the setting sun.

"It's late, I hope we meet again" Saki said breaking the silence between them, glancing at her wristwatch.

Shit. Do I have to tell her that we HAVE to meet? it's a MUST. Junkyu thought, nodding his head he smiled. "Yeah"

Saki forwarded a hand for a shake, Junkyu stared at her hand and took a deep breath before extending his. He just wanted to see if the shock he felt earlier was real. And then... When their hands finally intertwined, the shock rushed through both their veins once more, making them pull back their hands immediately with a gasp.

Saki stared, surprised. Junkyu stared, dumbfounded.

"What... Is this?"

BLUEB3RRYEYES.COM

Ahehe... How's this going? I hope it's not very useless or TOO unrealistic to make Junkyu a angel/cupid from heaven lolz but anyway-

Hope you liked the prologue :3