1 | STUPID

⊂🍃⊃

⊂🍃⊃

“Okay, take a deep breath first”

“You’re scaring me already…” Saki murmured, staring at the person sitting across from her, allegedly named Kim Junkyu. “You need to listen well and just trust me, okay?” He was about to pay on Saki's shoulder but then he pulled back and leaned against the chair instead.

“I’m Kyupid.”

“Cupid?—”

“K-Y-U-P-I-D—”

“So as in… Junkyu's ‘kyu’ and stupid’s ‘pid’... Kyupid?” Saki questioned, Junkyu squeezed his eyes shut and sighed, shaking his head. Saki stifled her laughter and squinted her eyes at him. “I thought you were some kind of gangster but—”

“Saki, I'm your guardian angel”, Junkyu announced. Saki stared at him with a plain expression, blinking her eyes for a few times in disbelief. “Alright, nice joke”, she giggled while Junkyu was already losing his temper. “I’m not joking. Can't you feel how we're not able to touch each other? Does it happen when you touch another human creature?” he blurted out, Saki's smile faded a little. He was right. So, was he really…

“OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE MY GUARDIAN ANGEL? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? DID YOU FELL FROM THE SKY OR WHAT? ARE YOU LOST OR SOMETHING??” Saki stood up from the chair, bombarding him with multiple questions as he shaked his head. “Woman, sit and calm down”, he mumbled. Once Saki was all settled down and calm, he continued, “Guardian angels are sent only to those who have no one left in this erm- earth. And according to heaven, you have no one”.

He watched as Saki lowered her gaze, slightly nodding her head. He could sense that she felt down by his straight forwardness. He cleared his throat and added, “I am your guardian angel or cupid you can say… and I'm here until I find a perfect match for you”.

“What do you mean?” Saki furrowed her brows, “I don't have any personal preferences or would you just stick someone to me of your choice?” she questioned, slightly pissed but then she calmed down when Junkyu paid no attention and busied himself fiddling with a Rubik's cube that laid on her coffee table. Saki didn't hesitate to snatch it from him, “Aye, humans are so mean!” He protested, turning his attention to Saki before shaking his head, “Nope, hopefully I'd know who'd be good for you”, he replied, stretching his arms aboyhis head.

Saki stood up, pacing around her living room. “What kind of joke is this?” she murmured to herself, running a hand through her hair frustratedly while Junkyu began fidgeting with the cube again, “I wish it was a joke too but… y'know how it is. They told me someone needed help down here and sent me out of heaven”, Saki sighed at his unrealistic story, looking at him. She couldn't believe it. She had never believed in angels and all.