Chapter Nine

-Zipporah-

Walking out of the saloon, I look round the block of shops for the delivery guy. I spot him a few steps away and go to grab my food. I thank him and turn, slamming into Cole.

"What? Why are you here? Why aren't you waiting by your car like I asked you to?" I ask him, because why did he escort me just to collect my order.

I chuckle as realization hits me. He probably wanted to pay. Good thing I paid immediately I placed my order then.

The moment I step into Cole's car I start freezing. Why is it so cold?

"The car's engine has been off for about 20 minutes, but its still this cold? Do you live in the arctic?" I complain.

"Its been really warm outside."

"Okay." I decide to leave it but he stretches his arm out and turns the air condition off.

"You don't have to. Lowering it is just fine." I say, and he proceeds to do just that.

During the drive, he turns to me for a second and starts to say something, but probably decides against it.

Arriving at my hostel, the car slows to a stop and Cole turns off the engine.

"Thanks for picking me up." I say.

"No. I offered to because I want you see you." okay.

"Well..." I trail off. Deciding to take a bite of the burger I ordered. I think he's going to keep me here for a while, and me I no fit hold myself again.

"Your hair looks really great. It suits you so well. You're beautiful, of course the hair suits you. How much did it cost?" he goes, "excuse my rambling, but I just want you to know that I won't stop paying for your stuff, whenever I can." He says and I nearly choke on the food in my mouth. I hold his stare at him, speechless.

"..." He continues to stare at me, stunned.

"I appreciate your uhm, help, but I really don't want this. I'm not comfortable with you doing all this. We'll be going on a date tomorrow, that's a free ticket for you to pay, but going out of your way to pay for all my expenses is a no. Just, stop it." I finish, taking a sip of my coke, then stuffing my mouth with more of my burger.

I pack up the rest of my food, and I look up to see him still watching me closely.

"What? Stop staring at me like that. I've already told you this before." I sigh, grabbing my things and opening the car door.
Its locked.

"Open the door, please." And he does just that.

"I can't wait for tomorrow." He says with a smile.

"Yeah." I say. I'm still a little skeptical about this date. But I need to know if should cross him off soon.

"Goodnight" He whispers while helping me out of his car.

"Goodnight."

I hope tomorrow goes fine. I'm a little nervous, cause he's been okay so far. It'll be a shame if the date goes terrible.

°°°°°°°

-Cole-

I stare at her as she walks steadily into her hostel. I drive off immediately she walks through the entrance.

Tomorrow's definitely gonna be eventful, I am positive. I've got nothing to lose. The date either ends with Zipporah in my bed, or one step closer to being my girlfriend. I sigh as I lay in bed.