Epilogue: A Happy Home

July 1898

"Darling, could you help Rosie pick out a dress? She told me I can't help because 'that's what mama is for'". Sebastian quoted his three-year-old daughter as he walked into the kitchen where his wife was putting the finishing touches to lunch. 

Barely eight years ago Sebastian would have never thought he would ever have this future; a lovely home with his wife, his daughter and a son on the way.
   Especially after what happened in the Feldcroft catacombs, he thought it was all over for him. 
But you stuck by his side. Not only during all the events in fifth year, but after too. You were always there for him when you needed him most. 
   He had learned to forgive himself throughout the years, but without you there, he knew he would've never been able to. 

You chuckled, putting on the garnish on the dishes you had prepared. "Such a silly goose she is. I'll be sure to tell her that papa has a great sense of fashion."
   When Sebastian didn't laugh at the sarcasm in your tone, you turned around to look at him only to find him leaning against the doorpost, his arms crossed and already looking at you with nothing other than love in his eyes. 
   His posture reminded you so much of the fifteen-year-old boy that had captured your heart, it made your heartbeat accelerate for a moment. The look in his eyes though was very much showing the man he had become. 

Though still young in age, his eyes gave away the rapid growth he went through in a short amount of time. You were sure it was in your own eyes too, the same could be said about your friends. 

Speaking about friends...

"Seb, baby, would you mind bringing these dishes out to the table we set up in the garden?" You snapped back to reality, motioning towards the plates loaded with food. "I expect they'll arrive any minute now and it would help immensely if you have the table all set while I help Rosie with her dress."
   "Of course, love." Sebastian uncrossed his arms and walked over to the table, but not before he gave you a kiss on your lips, making you lean into the contact and kissing back for a few moments before pulling away. With a dreamy sigh, you left the room to go to your daughter. 

"Aunty Poppy! Uncle Omi!" Rosie shouted in joy as she ran over to the couple that had just apparated at the garden gates. 
   "Rosie, my flower!" Poppy lifted the little girl up as soon as she was close enough and swung her in a circle, the child giggling and kicking her feet. "How are you doing today?" 
   "Good! Mama helped me pick out my dress!" Rosie beamed when she was set down on the ground again, her little hands fluffing up the skirt of her light pink dress. 
"I see! You look like a princess." Poppy fondly smiled at her. 

"Uncle Omi, I'm wearing a dress with a poofy skirt and in my favorite colour!" Your daughter of course knew by now that Ominis was blind and that it meant he wasn't able to see (though it didn't mean she could sneak some extra cookies when it was just him and her in the kitchen as she once found out).
   Now everytime they met, Rosie was sure to explain to him what she was wearing or how her hair was done up. 
   For a three year-old she was very bright and the first time she had done it, all of you were amazed and touched by her kind gesture. 

The former Slytherin smiled with nothing but love in the direction of the little girl. "Splendid choice little rose. I bet you look as beautiful as you are."
   The cheeks of your daughter went bright red at the praise and you wondered if anything could make her stop smiling today after such a compliment. 

"It's great to see you again Poppy. How are your classes going?" You pulled your best friend in for a hug right when Sebastian greeted Ominis with a quick hug and a slap on the shoulder. 
   "Likewise. Classes are going splendid! The third-years this semester are particularly loving my lessons with Highwing and her little one." Poppy said with a smile as you released each other and walked over to the table. 
   "Good to hear! Glad they are doing so well." 
"Are we the first to arrive?" Ominis asked as they took a seat, Rosie demanding to be sitting on her papa's lap.