Ghosts of the Past

Whoop! On to chapter three! :D Again, it's a bit slow (maybe?) but it will be picking up soon! ^_^

"This place is awesome, Atom!" Natsu exclaimed, running around the main conference room as nothing more than a red blur.

"How did you afford a place like this?" Lucy asked, looking at Lily. "It's perfect!"

Indeed, the building would be a good base of operations. It had once been an office building for some technology company that went out of business a few years earlier. After that, it had been completely empty. It looked completely different now, though. Lily had redone the inside, clearing a few of the offices and creating one large room in the entrance of the building. There were also just as many computers and other machines here as there were in our shared basement between our houses.

"I bought it from the previous owner at a fraction of the retail price right after the business went under. I agreed to purchase several of their devices along with the building, so we came to an arrangement," Lily explained. "So, now we not only have a base of operations, but equipment to monitor threats."

"Impressive," Erza nodded, examining a group of strange-looking computers.

"We didn't come here to look at Lily's fancy gadgets," I announced, waiting until everyone's eyes were on me before continuing, "we came because we need to track down the Wizard and Brain before they can complete whatever scheme they're working on together."

"That's pretty hard to do when we don't even know where to begin looking," Gray frowned.

"I may be able to solve that problem," Lily said. "It will take a day or two, but I believe I can hack into the kingdom's survey satellites and run that through my facial recognition program to—"

"If it works, just do it," I said, cutting him off. I didn't understand most of what he was talking about, so I trusted he knew what he was doing.

"I could probably help you with that," Gray added. "Juvia and I have done our fair share of hacking into the kingdom's online servers, so maybe we could find some information on there."

"Do it," I nodded.

"And what are we supposed to do while we wait?" Lucy asked.

"Head back to your own cities," I answered. "Once Lily and the other two find something, we'll call you. Maybe something useful will pop up in each of your cities."

"What will you be doing?" Natsu asked.

"Unlike you slackers, my line of work actually takes some physical labor. So, I'll be going back to my site this evening."

"We should all be going then," Erza told us as the green ring on her finger made a loud beeping noise. "We have duties elsewhere that we must attend to while we wait." Before anyone could agree, she flew off.

"I wish I could go to another planet and kick some alien ass!" Natsu complained. "Erza gets all the fun."

"You'd end up causing a planetary war," Lucy smirked.

"Or just destroy the planet," Gray mumbled.

"What'd you say, ya green tights wearin' bastard," Natsu growled.

"For the last time, they're not tights, damn it!"

"Come on," Lucy sighed, grabbing the back of Natsu's red suit and dragging him from the room. "See you guys in a couple days!"

"I'll be leavin' too," I told Lily, Gray, and Juvia. "I need to pack for the flight."

"You're flying all the way there?" Lily asked.