Two

Sweetheart

Emma and Norman suck at faking their feelings

Okay maybe Norman's doing a half decent job but Emma?? I love her but her acting skills need to improve.

"Did you see how widened Emma's eyes were when I told her good morning before breakfast?" Ray told me whilst we sat by the tree bark as usual during free time.

"Yeah I did, and how she didn't hug mama when she announced our full scores this morning. She needs to get better at hiding her real feelings or she's getting turned into demon food." I frowned, scribbling some facts from my book onto my diary.

"True that." He responded, shutting his book about machine components. "Another book finished. You wanna read it once you finish yours?"

"Nah, already did. It had some solid info in it so I might skim through it actually-"

I stopped talking once I saw Isabella walking towards us. "Ray, (Y/N)!" She smiled a fake smile.

Ray turned his head around. "What is it."

 "Do you two mind helping me mop the dining hall? It won't take long." This was code for "We need to talk."

I gulped subtly. "Of course! Let's go, Ray." We followed Isabella to her office. I took a seat on a couch once we got there. Ray sat next to me and Isabella sat on her chair. It felt like she was a headmistress lecturing two kids or something. But this was a situation we were used to so the fear in the situation was absent.

The woman spoke. "So, Conny's shipment last night. The six year old had forgotten her bunny in the house yet I found it under the truck in which her body was stored." She opened a drawer in her desk, revealing the bunny plush. "Any clues to how it got there?"

"Emma and Norman. They went to the gate to return the plush to Conny." Ray stated.

Her eyes widened slightly. "Emma and Norman?"

I nodded. "They said they'd do so while we were mopping and then left the house. We'll look out for any suspicious behaviour coming from the two. Perhaps you should do the same." 

"Perhaps I should. Thank you. You are dismissed." With that, we took returned back to the tree. The kids were still in the woods, barely any time had passed. It was like nothing had happened and Ray and I hadn't moved at all.

Emma and Norman didn't return even after tag ended. Ray and I concluded they were probably in the heart of the trees, planning something.

"How long do you think it'll be until they tell us about their plans?" He asked me.

"I'm assuming they will tell us eventually. But depending when eventually is, we might have to confront them ourselves".

"Yeah you're right."