Prologue

Sweetheart.

"Family can be the most unexpected of people"

AN: This is my first attempt at fanfiction on Wattpad. English isn't my first language and so there may be a few grammatical errors here and there. I'll try to avoid making these mistakes as much as I can, though.

Also, the trio + (Y/N) and the rest of the older kids (this means those who range from 6 to 11) are aged up by three years, so Emma, (Y/N), Norman and Ray are 14. The shipment age is 15.

TW: Some chapters will mention violence and murder, these chapters will be marked just in case you're uncomfortable of the previously mentioned.

This fanfiction will be written in English, and will follow both the anime and the manga's plot. (Mostly the manga's because season 2 of the anime is a disgrace to humanity)

Thanks so much for clicking on this book. Do consider voting if you like it as it motivates me to continue writing this fanfic. 

Please don't flop 🙏🏻

Enjoy reading :)

Four curious little children stood before a grand gate

"What's this?" A girl with short, orange hair and green eyes asked her friends.

"A gate." Responded a boy with jet black hair which covered his left eye and green eyes darker than those of his female friend, "It connects the inside and outside."

The girl held the bars of the gate, "Outside? We've never been outside"

Another boy, with snow-white hair and eyes as blue as the clearest sky chimed in, "that's because we never left this place since birth." He smiled at the girl.

Another girl placed her left hand on a bar whilst her other hand fiddled with her (h/l), (h/c) hair. She nodded in agreement with the white haired boy's statement. Her (e/c) eyes stared intensely at what was beyond gate, "I want to leave this place one day. I don't like being cooped up in here."

The white haired boy, Norman, placed his hand on the (h/c)ette's shoulder reassuringly. "Don't worry about it, (Y/N). We'll all find nice homes eventually."

The orange haired, girl, Emma, smiled joyfully, "that's right!" she punched the air.

(Y/N) just nodded. A miserable expression painted on her face.

Meanwhile, the ravenette, who's name was Ray, didn't react to any of this. He just glared at the gate knowingly.

Emma changed the subject, "this is what mama always tells us, isn't it? Never go to the gate or past the fence because it's dangerous."

"She says that, but it's not true." Ray muttered with a stoic expression.

"It isn't?" Norman asked.

Emma interrupted, "what do you want to do when you leave this place, Ray?"

The ravenette shrugged, "I don't know. You?"

"I wanna ride a giraffe!" the green eyed female cheered.

"Good luck," Ray said with a tone of sarcasm.

Emma ignored him, "(Y/N)! What do you want to do once you're out?"

The girl looked at Emma desperately, "isn't it obvious? I want to spend all my time with my new mum and dad. If I'm lucky I might have siblings too."

Emma giggled, realising this was indeed, an obvious statement coming from (Y/N).

Out of all the kids at Gracefield orphanage, (Y/N) was the one who wanted a mother and a father the most. There was no specific reason as to why. That was just how (Y/N)'s reasoning was: a real family consists of two guardians and a few siblings in a cozy, little house. Not some orphanage.

 She never considered the other kids she grew up with as family, only friends. Few children would make fun of her for constantly whining about wanting parents all the time, yet the majority would pity her, understanding her desperation. These kids would stick up for her.

Ray turned to (Y/N), "Let's go back to the house, I forgot something."

With that, the (e/c) eyed girl nodded and the two walked away. Just like that, two little kids remained by the gate.

Emma's bright eyes were fixated on the gate. The girl seemed to be intrigued by the large structure, as she had never actually seen one in real life until this very moment.

Norman looked at the girl beside him before staring at what was behind the gate as well. He murmured, not to himself, not to Emma, to no one in particular really, "this gate.. I wonder what it leads to." His tone seemed quite.. concerned..

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Ato Ikutsu No Jiyuu Wo
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na

Ato Ikutsu No Jiyuu WoNa Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na

End of prologue