-Sophie's Choice-

Thanks to @Gracie122334455 for the idea for this chapter! 

Sophie's POV: 

As I woke up that morning, the decision I had been mulling over for days finally crystallized in my mind. Today was the day I was going to break up with Fitz. I couldn't bear his controlling and demanding behavior any longer. Each time I made a small mistake or stumbled, he would lash out at me, making me feel like I was the one at fault for everything.

Determined and steeling myself for what lay ahead, I got ready for school, the weight of the impending conversation heavy on my mind. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I couldn't continue sacrificing my happiness for someone who couldn't appreciate me for who I truly was.

Foxfire, with its grandeur and bustling corridors, welcomed me as usual. The anticipation of what was to come buzzed in the air around me as I made my way to find Fitz. I spotted him near the entrance, his usual confident demeanor masking the turmoil I knew was brewing beneath the surface.

I couldn't believe it had come to this. Fitz and I had been through so much together, but his behavior had become unbearable. Every word he spoke felt like a dagger in my heart, every criticism a blow to my self-esteem. I knew I couldn't continue like this. I needed to break free from the toxic cycle we were trapped in.

I knew Fitz would be hurt, angry even, but I had to put myself first for once. With each step, my resolve strengthened. I couldn't let his judgment and demands control me any longer.

As I approached him, the words I had carefully rehearsed tumbled out of my mouth, surprising even myself with their clarity and force. "Fitz, we need to talk," I said, my voice steady despite the storm of emotions raging inside me. "I can't continue like this. You expect me to be perfect all the time, to never make a mistake. But that's not who I am, and I can't change that for you."

"Fitz," I said, my voice steady and clear. "We need to talk."

His smile faltered, replaced by a look of confusion. "Sophie, what's wrong? Did I do something?"

I shook my head, my gaze unwavering. "No, Fitz. It's not about what you did. It's about who you are. I can't continue like this, always walking on eggshells around you, trying to live up to impossible standards."

Fitz's expression darkened, his fists clenching at his sides. "What do you mean, Sophie? What are you saying?"

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what was to come. "I'm saying that this...this relationship is over. I can't be with someone who constantly belittles me, who makes me feel like I'm not enough."

As I spoke those words, I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. It was liberating to finally voice my truth, to stand up for myself in a way I had never done before. Fitz's face contorted with rage, his words tumbling out in a jumble of anger and disbelief.

"You can't be serious, Sophie! We belong together, we're meant to be."

But I held my ground, my voice unwavering. "No, Ritz Savory Cracker. We're not meant to be. You need someone who fits your ideal image of perfection, and that's not me. I deserve better, someone who loves and respects me for who I am."

A flicker of anger crossed his features, and he opened his mouth to respond, but I held up a hand, silencing him. "Don't," I said, my voice cutting through the tension. "I deserve better than this, and I won't allow you to treat me this way any longer. You may be a prodigy, but that doesn't give you the right to control me."

"Goodbye, Fitz," I said firmly, turning away before he could respond. With each step I took away from him, I felt lighter, as if a burden I had been carrying for so long had finally been lifted. I didn't look back. I couldn't afford to.

Felt good leaving Fitz standing there in shock. I felt a mix of emotions swirling inside me - sadness for what could have been, relief for what was no longer weighing me down, and a newfound sense of strength and independence.

As I made my way through the halls of Foxfire, my heart lighter than it had been in months, I felt a sense of freedom wash over me. I knew there would be challenges ahead, but I was ready to face them head-on, knowing that I had taken the first step towards a brighter, more authentic future.

As I walked through the hallowed halls of Foxfire, a sense of freedom and possibility washed over me. I needed to find Keefe, my confidant, my friend who had always been there when I needed a listening ear or a playful distraction. He would understand, he would support me in this new chapter of my life.

I reached the courtyard, I caught sight of a familiar figure leaning against a tree, a mischievous grin on his face. Keefe. He had always been there for me, a constant source of laughter and light in my life.

He had his signature mischievous grin on his face, his bright ice blue eyes lighting up as he spotted me.

I walked over to him, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips. "Hey, Keefe," I said, my voice soft but filled with warmth.

Keefe looked up, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" he quipped, his grin widening.

I couldn't help but laugh at his antics, grateful for his presence. "I just broke up with Fitz," I said, my tone surprisingly light.

Keefe's expression softened, his eyes searching mine. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with warmth and genuine concern. I couldn't hold back the grin that tugged at my lips, the relief of having someone by my side who truly cared for me.

I nodded, a sense of peace settling over me. "I'm more than okay," I said, a smile blooming on my face. "I feel free, like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

Keefe's grin grew even wider, his gaze full of admiration. "That's the spirit, Foster," he said, using my last name with affection. "You deserve to be happy, to be yourself without any constraints. You also deserve to be with someone who appreciates you for who you are, not someone who tries to change you." he said sincerely, wrapping me in a warm embrace.

In that moment, surrounded by the familiar scent of nature and magic, I knew that I had made the right decision. I had chosen myself, my own well-being, over the expectations of others.

As Keefe and I walked back towards Foxfire entering through the corridors of Foxfire, laughter bubbling between us, I felt a sense of hope blossoming in my chest. A small smile playing on his lips, I knew that I had made the right choice. With him by my side, I felt like anything was possible, and that together we could navigate whatever obstacles lay ahead.

I took his hand, feeling a warmth and understanding pass between us. In that moment, I knew that I was exactly where I was meant to be, surrounded by friends who truly cared for me, and a future full of endless possibilities. And as we walked off into the unknown. 

--------------------------------------------------------

ALTHOUGH ON A LIGHTER NOTE..........BOOM ROASTED RITZY. 🤣🤣

ALSO.......YAY TIME FOR SOKEEFE!❤️❤️

"M'lady okay you are. Are you okay Mlady?" (Cat Noir)

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183