Chapter 18 Slippery Roads

TW: D3pr3ssion, language and bl00d

~Time skip: 2 weeks later, day of the convention~

Yesterday, just in time my Amazon package arrived. The Todoroki suit fits me just fine. I have to het used to the look and feeling of a wig, but it makes the cosplay complete.

As I look in the mirror I take a few pictures to post them on my Instagram, after trying multiple filters on it.
I had already added my new friends on Insta, while scrolling through their stories I see Danny had commented on my post.

Dannyphantom.exe: Ur ready for anime-con I see!
Me: You think?😏
Birlap_: Looks fire!

2 hours later I'm sitting on the couch again, all hyped up. Danny can show up any minute now. We have to drive half an hour to the convention. We expect it to be really busy at the convention, since it was a saturday.
Finally I hear a car approaching outside. I get up and think of something last-minute to take with me. My mom yells at me that they've arrived when I hear a knock on the door.
I have only not told my mom we'd be going to a convention so far away, I said we were going to the movies again. I thought if I'd tell her that it was a half an hour drive she wouldn't let me go and second she doesn't even know what a convention is probably.

Suddenly when I'm running to the door from my room I hear a knock. I sprint downstairs to see my mom had already opened the door. Danny stood there, in quite a fancy outfit, so we couldn't see his Kacchan cosplay underneath.

"Danny!" I yell and run towards him

"Danny!" I yell and run towards him. Then I stop, realizing I can't hug him and all, my mom was right there.
"Hey, Ann." He says confident. He seemed like the perfect boyfriend at this moment.
"Shall we go?" He asks and points outside.
"I'll have her home in time. Before eight." He tells my mom and we walk outside together.

I greet Arny and Pete in the car. They wouldn't have been here actually, but changed their flights when they heard about the last-minute anime convention. They already know that we are a couple and started asking questions about telling our family.

I had removed my wig and put it in my bag at home, so my mom would believe that we'd be going to the movies again.

During the drive ot was way less awkward then when we hung out last time.

When arrived at the convention there were a lot of people cosplaying, it was mindblowing to see. I was a little scared to put my Todoroki wig on, but since we were all dressed up as anime characters, it made me feel okay.

We had a lot of fun, bought a lot of stuff and made an even bigger amount of content for their followers. We even ran into some of them.

When almost everybody leaves at the end of the day, we change into our comfortable clothing. Some hoodies and sweatpants.

After a fun day, meeting a lot of people we go back to our car. Still talking to each other, hyped up about the awesome costumes we say today.
Half an hour later we are out of energy, listening to some of Danny's music in the car. Arny and Pete are in the back, showing each other the photo's they've made. It starts raining a little, but the hills of California were not exactly making that easy. The rain becomes more heavy, but it isn't that big of a deal yet.

Then we suddenly slip of the road, but it is dark, so that doesn't make it easy. Nobody screams, just trying to hold onto something. The car makes half a flip and lands on its side on the right side of the road, not the cliff, happily. I feel Danny's hand grab my thigh, hoping to protect me.

Everything goes dark, the sharp pain appears in different parts of my body.

Danny's pov:

Finally the car is not moving anymore. My hands were still glued to the wheel, my feet stuck on the break.
"Guys? Are you okay?" I try getting sound out of my voice.
I bring my hand to my head, feeling fluids, my head was bleeding a little.
"Uh-huh." I hear someone groan.
"I'm okay. Just a little shaken up. You guys?" The voice was Arny's.
"Ahhhh- I'm fine, I do have some pieces of glass in my hand I think.." Pete says in a painfull tone.
I sigh. But I haven't heard Ann yet.
"Ann-?" I grab my phone and turn the flashlight on Ann.
She's being kept up by the seatbelt, her eyes closed. I lean over and make sure she doesn't fall to the side when I losen it.
"Is she okay?" Arny groans and climbs towards us, but I didn't hear him.
"Ann? Ann, wake up!" I begin to panic.
"Danny, give me your phone." Arny yells. I do what he says, luckily we have signal.
Arny dials 9-1-1.
I take a good look at Ann, glass had shattered her face and hands. I move her hair aside, to get a better look at her head.
"Ann..." I ask her once more.
I hold her hand, while checking if she doesn't have any serious injuries. It doesn't seem so.

I hated seeing her like this again, in pain, asleep, without giving me any sign that she was okay.

Pete and Arny climb out of the car, which wasn't exactly easy. I am not leaving Anns side.

Finally we see red and blue lights appear and a heavy siren. They get out and drag us out of the vehicle with care. My car was in a very bad state, but I couldn't think of anything but Ann.
Before we leave with the ambulance I grab some of our neccesairy stuff out of the car, including Anns phone, making me realize I have to call her mother.

When arrived at the hospital they tell us to wait in the waitingroom and clean ourselves up in the bathroom.
Arny and Pete do so, but I intend to wait where they can easily call me.

I have to call her mom. What the fuck am I going to tell her? Hey, I wanted to call you since your daughter is in the hospital, because I got her into a car accident?
A horrible example, reminding me of the fact that I got us in here.

Deciding I should call her now, I reach for Ann's phone in my pocket.

"You are Anns partner?" The doctor interferes my thoughts.
My brain has to process every single thing.
"Yeah? Uhh- yes. That's me. How is she doing?" I ask in hope.
"She is okay, but still unconsious. She isn't in the best state, extreme fatigueness seems to be one of the problems... Has she ever complained about that?"
The fact that she was okay, yet still unconcious was not good enough for me.
"We live 2 hours apart from each other, so I would not really know how she sleeps lately, she was not complaining or anything."
"Well, the reason she is still unconcious, is because she is catching up. Have you already called her relatives?" The man in the white jacket said.
"No, I was just about to do that."
"You could visit her after, but they'll need to fill out some other forms."

I nod and sit back down, grab her phone and push the emergency call button, she told me her pin once, but I'd never remember in all this stress.

Note: Maybe not the best descriptions of the event and accident, but theres fluff on its way....
I appreciate my readers very much, hope you guys like it. Comments, ideas or critisism are welcome!

P.B.S. 04/14/2024