05

____________________________

Aora didn't exactly feel better after her first session with a psychologist. She knew she was lucky to be able to get an appointment with them, considering how hard it seemed to be to even get one in the first place but it didn't feel right.

She was walking out of the building, the sky above her head a darkening grey, indicating that it was soon going to be nightfall.

For the past few days, Aora had been trying to make an effort to be more social and positive, something that she never did if you were to know her and it wasn't a bad thing, just different.

And she had to admit, she felt out of place acting the way she was. It was an uncomfortable thing for her, feeling the burn of her cheeks as she tried to hold her smiles, her teeth tightly pressed together whenever someone annoyed her and she tried not to show said annoyance.

But she was finally trying for once, that was what mattered most in the current situation, that she was taking steps out of her usual pit of sadness and trying to become something bigger, something better. 

On the road, Aora drove past a set of police cars, her brows raising curiously about what was happening in this seemingly harmless town for once.

Pulling over, Aora rolls down her window, head popping out of it while she stared at the officers, hand raising to wave in greeting.

"Everything okay?" Aora calls out, one of the officers turning their heads to her and they had a look of relief pass over their faces.

The officers make their way up to Aora's car and she rolls her window up slightly, memories from her childhood making her feel uneasy around the police.

"Everything's fine, we were just wondering if you've heard about anything having to do with Bella Swan?" Eyes widening, Aora leans closer to the opening of the window.

"I haven't, no - is something wrong?" She couldn't help but remember the awkward girl, how she never forced Aora into any conversation she didn't want to be part of - the only person in the whole school she found to be decent.

"She's been missing for the past few hours, wandered off into the woods and hasn't come back," The officer announces to her, their arms crossing over their chests, a hard expression on their faces.

Aora nods slowly, her head turning to stare out of the windshield, a flurry of thoughts swirling through her head.

She bids goodbye to the officers and rolls up her window, driving off and making her way home.