eleven

I've been much busier these days yall, forgive me 😕

I jumped up, breathing heavily as my eyes watered from the nightmare, and my hands searched for something to hold on to, running into Reid's chest I turned to look at him in the dark, my vision still foggy. I couldn't sleep alone, not after today, so I told him to stay guarding me in my sleep. His chest moved up and down, his lips slightly parted. My thoughts ran wild, and pictures of today flashed yet again. I laid back down staring at the ceiling before slowly hugging his side, now staring at the side of his face. 

"Are you okay?" Spencer croaked, putting his hand on my waist. Obviously half-awake. 

"mhm, go back to bed," I patted his hand, looking at the clock on his nightstand—4:23 am. 

"Come on," He muttered, standing from the bed and pulling me with him.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Making tea," He rubbed his eyes before smiling at me and signaling at the comfortable chair near the kitchen. "What are you thinking about?" He said pulling milk out from the fridge.

"Everything," I stated, grabbing the warm mug from his hands.

"Do you want to talk everything through?" Reid sat down in front of me, also holding a bright orange mug. I nodded and started to talk.

"I haven't even thought about Eric in years," I teared up.

"What he and your father did was cruel Vera," He put his free hand on my lap.

"Someone so powerful can do anything," I said mindlessly, thinking back to my childhood.

"Vera, where are you?" My dad called out drunkenly for me to come downstairs. He divorced my mom just a few months ago, yet he moved out quite quickly, forcing me to hop from house to house. I never liked his place, It was constantly filled with strippers and random half-naked women who smiled venomously at me as I walked down to go to school each morning. "Meet Eric," My dad smiled as the tall blonde, almost grey-haired man smirked, pulling me into a hug I never really allowed. 

"Hi," I quickly said, not enjoying anything about this. My sister used to help me deal with my parents until she left for college and left me In the dust, trying to wash off the random eyes and touches from my father's friends. 

"Oh come on sweetheart, why so gloomy?" His laugh scared me as if all his power was summed up into a sound. His hand moved to my lower back as he made me walk to the disgusting black leather couch in the living room, my dad already talking to some women whom I'd never seen before. Eric took a glass and a bottle of some drink from the coffee table, offering it to me. 

"No thanks, I'm sixteen," I awkwardly laughed, looking around for at least someone who could help me, yet all the people in the house deemed me as invisible, or one of Dad's hired women. 

"I won't tell," He also laughed, pushing the glass to my lips and tipping it down my throat. 

"Why are you talking to me, aren't you friends with my dad?" I said, closing my eyes as the drink burned my throat.

"Why do you think he introduced me to you," He whispered in my ear but anything he said was coming in and out my ears as the room began to float. 

"My father used me for respect, money, power, anything he needed, and people like Eric ate it up, he was just the most frequent customer," I bit the inside of my cheek. 

"Do you think that's the reason you feel-felt so connected to Emilia?" Reid stuttered over the word feel, not sure which one to use, and honestly, I don't either.