V1|Chapter 4: The Stray

[Alastor POV]

I was walking around in Vale with team RWBY, and I was debating if I wanted to stay and admire the decor with them. Today is the day when every kingdom decorates because the Vytal Festival is coming up, and Ruby clearly wanted me to stay because she was clinging to my arm.

Ruby: Al! Stay! You're never around!!

{Perhaps she's right... I'm usually out doing my own thing and not here with them. I suppose I could stay for a few days to satisfy her boredom since they have days off for a few due to it being the weekend.}

Alastor: Hmm.. Yes. I suppose I'll stay and admire the decorations with you. I see no harm in it.

I twirled my staff around, and looked into Ruby's eyes, which lit up in excitement.

Ruby: YESS!!

The old dust shop owner had just put up a sign that said, 'WELCOME TO VALE!' And there were crowds of people.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!

Weiss exclaimed, putting her hands on her chest while smiling brightly. I then turned to Ruby, who started speaking.

Ruby: Wow Weiss, I've never seen you smile so much. It's kinda weirding me out.

Weiss: How could you NOT smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, a parade, a tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is breathtaking!

I looked at my nails as all of us walked, whilst staying next to Yang mainly, and Yang crossed her arms.

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Oh quiet you!!

Yang: Remind me why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting this stupid docks?

Ruby covered her nose.

Ruby: Eughh, they smell like fish.

Weiss: I've heard that students from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon, I feel as it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

I looked at the ships for a moment, then looking down at the sea. I was still grinning widely, and I turned to the others who began walking once more.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss frowned, crossing her arms before responding to Blake's accusation angrily.

Weiss: Ugh! You can't prove that!

Ruby turned to the right, away from the docked boats and towards a shop, which had caution tape and broken glass around it with two investigators past the caution tape.

Ruby: Woah.

Yang, Blake and Weiss turned towards the crime scene too, Weiss covering her mouth with her hand.

We all walked over to the crime scene, and I got weird looks from everyone obviously because of how I looked.

Ruby: What happened here?

One of the investigators turned to Ruby, and had stopped writing due to Ruby's interruption.

Investigator 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turnin' into a jungle.

The investigator walked over to the destroyed entrance and looked towards the other investigator with his arms crossed.

Yang: Ugh.. That's terrible.