Chapter 36

Beverly's outside the school with Caroline helping decorate for the homecoming dance

Beverly's outside the school with Caroline helping decorate for the homecoming dance. Beverly's using the glitter gun on the Volkswagen van when Caroline says, "Hey, can you hand me the glitter gun?" Beverly hands Caroline the glitter gun as Caroline hands it over to one of the students of student council as they walk away. Caroline says, "So, who are you taking to the dance?" Beverly says, "Rebekah." Caroline widens her eyes as she scoffs, "Excuse me? Why are you taking that evil blood slut to the dance." Beverly says, "First of all she's not evil, second of all she's never been to a school dance and I offered. Look, I know you don't like her, but Caroline if you just gave her a chance I think you'd really like her." Caroline scoffs as she says, "I can't believe you just said that. She's Klaus' sister. That whole family is evil, Beverly. How can you seriously not see that?" Beverly sighs as she says, "Rebekah, is harmless. She hasn't hurt anyone." Caroline angrily says, "She snapped my neck." Beverly says, "Okay, in her defense she was just following Klaus' orders. She doesn't really talk to anyone and I thought why not help her have a high school experience." Caroline softly smiles as she says, "You are too pure, Beverly." Beverly softly smiles as she says, "I know." Later, Beverly walks into the boarding house and Damon walks over and says, "Good, you're here. So, let's go over the plan." Beverly nods as she says, "Okay." Stefan walks up as he says, "The plan is we say Mikael followed Elena and Beverly. Tried to grab Elena so he could use her as bait." Beverly says, "And then, what you vervain him?" Damon says, "No, we vervain him. Guy's an Original. We have to make it realistic." Stefan says, "Okay, fine. We vervain him, and in the process discovered he had a dagger." Beverly says, "Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead--" Stefan cuts her off as he says, "We drove it through his heart." Beverly says, "What if he wants to see the body?" Damon says, "Good point. You my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him... the last thing we need is you getting tongue-tied." Stefan says, "Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Beverly says, "Klaus is smart, he'll want proof that Mikael's dead." Mikael appears as he says, "Then I shall be dead." Beverly walks over to Mikael who has laid out a dagger as Beverly says, "What if he wants to see you in person?" Mikael says, "It means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him." Stefan says, "With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Mikael says, "Oh, I am in possession of a stake... fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Damon says, "Where is it?" Mikael says, "Not here. Knowing its location is my insurance policy." Stefan says, "Against what?" Mikael says, "You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So it falls to you." Mikeal hands the white oak dipped dagger over to Beverly. Beverly grabs the dagger and says, "You want me to actually dagger you?" Mikael says, "Klaus will leave nothing to chance... especially when it comes to trust." Beverly then daggers Mikael as his body starts to desiccate. Beverly gets out her phone as she texts Rebekah, Stefan looks at Beverly as he says, "Who are you texting?" Beverly says, "Rebekah." Moments later, Rebekah's in the room as Stefan calls Klaus. Stefan has the phone on speaker as Klaus says, "Portland is fantastic, once you get over the whiney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves." Stefan says, "Your father's dead." Klaus says, "What did you say to me?" Stefan says, "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Klaus says, "Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Stefan explains to Klaus what happened as Klaus says, "I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body. For myself." Stefan says, "Well, he's here. Come by whenever." Klaus says, "If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?" Stefan says, "It's true. I saw it with my own eyes." Klaus says, "I want to talk to Rebekah." Stefan says, "That's not a problem. She's right here." Stefan walks over to Rebekah and hands Rebekah the phone. Rebekah says, "Hello, Nik." Klaus says, "Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?" Rebekah says, "It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." Klaus says, "I'll be home soon." Rebekah says, "Good. I'll see you then, brother." Klaus hangs up as Rebekah hands Stefan the phone, she says, "He bought it. He's coming home." Rebekah walks away. Damon says, "Now, was that easy or what?" Beverly says, "Let's just hope that nothing goes wrong." Beverly takes the dagger out of Mikael. Later, Beverly's in Damon's bathroom putting together wolfsbane grenades as Damon says, "Do you really trust Rebekah? 'Cause these Original vampires are usually not so reliable." Beverly sighs as she says, "Yeah, I trust Rebekah. She's hurting that Klaus killed her mother. Rebekah spent years hating Mikael when in reality it should have been Klaus." Damon says, "Yeah, but Klaus is her brother. You said it yourself family has a strong bond." Beverly says, "Damon, don't worry, if Rebekah betrays us, I'll handle her, but I have a pretty gut feeling she won't." Damon says, "If you say so." Beverly says, "I know so. I just have feeling that tonight might go wrong. I mean, what if Stefan suddenly changes his mind and sides with Klaus." Damon says, "Don't worry, I am formulating a secret contingency plan." Stefan walks in as he says, "I need to borrow a tie." Damon says, "You have your own ties." Stefan chuckles as he says, "I'm 162 years old, and I'm going to a homecoming dance. I need better ties." Stefan looks at the grenades as he says, "Please tell me that you have a better plan than wolfsbane grenades." Damon says, "Never you mind, brother. The less you know, the better." Stefan says, "My freedom from Klaus rests entirely upon you two and Elena executing your plan perfectly. So, excuse me if I'm a bit cynical." As Stefan walks away, Beverly looks over at him as she says, "You're the one that we should be worried about. If Klaus asks you one wrong question the whole thing falls apart." Stefan says, "You do have reason to worry. But if I look back at our history of epic plan failures it's usually because one of us let our humanity get in the way. So if I'm taking odds on how this thing goes down it's certainly not gonna be me who screws it up." Stefan walks away as Beverly sighs. Later, Beverly walks into Rebekah's room holding two garment bags. Rebekah's laying on her bed texting when she looks up at Beverly and she says, "Hey, what do you have there?" Beverly holds out one of the garment bags with a smile and says, "Your homecoming dress." Rebekah smiles as she grabs the bag and says, "You got me a dress?" Beverly says, "Well, I figured you hadn't done any shopping so I just bought you something. I hope you like it." Rebekah goes to walk into the bathroom to put on the dress while Beverly puts on her dress.