Prologue

10 Years Ago

"Come on Laxus-nii! Hurry up they're handing out free sweets!", I yelled.

"Ahh, wait up Alessia-chan, no need to rush!", Laxus yelled back, struggling to keep up. I rushed past all of the lively townspeople and wooden stands filled with all kinds of merchandise. There were all kinds of stores, selling things ranging from clothing to candy, magic stores to toy stores. Whatever you need, the town square has got it.

There's a particular store though that Laxus and I are looking for. It's a small, bright pink store with blue and white umbrellas out front to provide shade. The front of the store looked like a simple, cute cafe, but inside was every child's dream. This was the one and only Sweet Factory Candy Shop! And today, they're giving free samples of their new cinnamon candy that's so hot, you could almost breathe fire!

I stopped for a moment to let Onii-chan catch up. Of course, me being the impatient 8 year old I am, I grabbed Laxus' hand and dragged him.

"Alessia calm down! We're almost there, we don't have to rush! And stop dragging me, I'm not a dog!", complained the 13 year old boy.

"Did you hear the news?", someone whispered.

"Yeah, some dark mages were spotted nearby.", whispered another person.

"Ellie-chan maybe we should go back home.", said Laxus cautiously, looking around nervously. I stopped in front of the candy shop and turned to Laxus-nii with a confused look on my face.

"Aww why? We just got here, let me at least grab a sample really quick!", I complained, completely oblivious to the dangers that await. Laxus looked around feeling a little scared, then nodded to give me permission. A huge smile broke out on my face and I rushed over to the brightly-colored candy counter to grab some candy. Laxus slowly walked over  and popped  a sample in his mouth.

"Oh wow, it's so good!", I explained excitedly with a smile on my face.

"Woah, it does taste pretty-", Laxus-nii's face dropped all of a sudden.

"Nani? What's wrong Onii-chan?", I asked Laxus.

"It's burning my mouth! Make it stop!", Laxus started shouting, I busted up laughing and bent over clutching my stomach. Laxus ran around the store frantically looking for water as I asked the lady behind the counter for some water. Once I caught up to Laxus, I reached for his hand to give him the cup of water.

"Here Laxus-nii, I got some water!"

BOOM

All of a sudden everything exploded, screams were heard throughout the town, people were running away for their lives.

"ALESSIA! Alessia are you okay?!", yelled Laxus who was a couple feet away from me lying on the ground. I looked around, everything was destroyed and in flames, even the stores that were streets away.

"Ungh, yeah, I'm alr- ah!", I screamed. Someone yanked on my long silver hair with gold streaks on the ends and lifted me in the air. I looked up to see who grabbed me, tears forming in my eyes. A man in a black, hooded cloak with black bangs covering his eyes looked back at me with a sinister smile.

"Hey come check out this little girl! She's got a ton of magic energy for someone her size, what should we do with her?", the man shouted to his allies.

"Bring her back with us of course!", a voice from outside shouted back.

"No, stop! Put her down!", Laxus shouted reaching out to me.

"Onii-chan!", I screamed reaching back out to him, fear etched on my face.

"What are you going to do about it kid? I suggest you shut up!", the man sneered. He walked over to Laxus and threw him against the wall. A crashing sound was heard and I began explode with tears, worried for Laxus' life. "And you keep your mouth shut too!" He yelled at me and threw me against the wall to the right of Laxus. Tears glazed over my dark yellow eyes as I looked over at Laxus, the panic inside of me was obvious. He looked back at me with a fearful look, both of our tiny bodies trembling. The dark wizard picked me back up roughly and began to take me away.

"No! Come back! Please!", Laxus pleaded. Soon after, Laxus knew there was no stopping the dark wizards and reminded me of our promise, "Alessia! Don't forget about Fairy Tail! We're supposed to join when we're older, so don't forget!"

"No.. Laxus-nii.. I won't forget, I promise.", I whispered, not wanting to anger the man and give him a reason to harm me. We were out of the remains of the candy store and joined up with his guildmates. They took me away from the destruction and stopped once we got out of town.

"Damn, who's the girl? Her power is crazy!", one of the dark guild members exclaimed.

"I dunno, but we're taking her in for training.", the man carrying me replied.

"Wait, hold on. We can't have her knowing where the guild is located.", another member said with a deep voice.

"Don't worry, I have an idea.", the mage next to me said with an evil smirk, getting closer to me.

"Ungh!", I squeaked. He hit the back of my neck and soon, all I saw was darkness, my consciousness slipping away from me.