I woke up and looked around. I was in an abandoned alley, walls covered in graffiti, the faint smell of ozone in the air and thunder in the distance. My glasses were foggy, making my vision more blurry. The air felt groggy and heavy. I couldn't tell what time it was and I saw on the road, a fizzled sign saying 16:40. Not even supper time.

My heart raced and my head spun with confusion. Where was I? Nothing looked familiar. And I couldn't remember what happened. The only thing I remembered was… Next Gen. I took in a sharp breath, scared. Next Gen was the AI who took over Earth and every single human living on it. He was hypnotizing everyone, robots everywhere, anything electronic was his. And everything in Cyber City was in his control. I was brought back to the present by the cold winds.

Voices were everywhere, yelling, warnings. I hugged my knees, terror striking my heart like lightning.  

"She was over here!" Who was over there? I asked myself. "Ahh! Run! Run!" Run? Run where? Terror was everywhere, danger was everywhere.

Sirens. The wailing gave me chills up my spine and I shuddered. 

Crying. Pleading. 

"Keep away from me!! Leave us alone… please." What was happening? What was happening?! Was I safe here?

Blood curdling screams like prey before its final blow. right before the killing bite. I wanted to scream too. But then they'd find me, then I'd die.

A roar like never before. Mechanical, disoriented, broken. It was them. It was them! They'd find me and- Then nothing. It was silent. 

I huddled there, not wanting to be caught by the monster that was taking everyone. 

Chapter One

"Yo Jacky! What's up?" Alexis slid next to me as I was walking down the stairs. The wind blew my auburn hair slightly into my face.

"How many times do I have to remind you NOT to call me Jacky? It's Jack." I told her.

"Can't stop. It's a habit now." She laughed as she nudged me. I rolled my eyes.

“It's been a habit since you were eight!” I protested, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

“Well you've had lots of nicknames for me.” She pointed out.

I sighed, I couldn't argue with my cousin. I looked down at the stairs and watched my feet step down.

“Oh guess what!” She smiled.

“You're going to tour the Next Gen factory, yes I know, you've told me countless times.” I rolled my head and adjusted my glasses again as they obnoxiously kept slipping down the bridge of my nose. 

“And you're coming!!” I stopped as I heard her say that.

“Wait… seriously? You're not pulling my leg?” I suddenly stopped, clutching the handles to my backpack. 

“Pfft, no. I know this is, like, your biggest dream, and I made it possible for you to tag along!” She punched my arm. 

“Does my mom know?” I smiled, a skip in my step now.

“Of course she does, Jacky! C'mon! Let's go!” She grabbed my hand and she ran off towards her mother's hovercar. I realized it was a newer one, probably the newest. Aunt Sarah worked at the factory so she had all the up-to-date stuff.

This one is called Next Gen, I personally like this one :)
This is an unfinished chapter, I know... Idk when I last worked on this one LOL anyways *bows flourishingly*