twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE!

THEY WEREN'T OFFICIALLY together, but they were never away from each other

THEY WEREN'T OFFICIALLY together, but they were never away from each other. If they were in the same room, they'd be standing or sitting next to each other. When they're alone, they kept their kisses secret.

Alejandra walked alongside Maxi into an empty classroom for rehearsal.

"Honestly, if Ludmila really wants the main vocals, I don't really care," Alejandra told Maxi. They were waiting for Ludmila and Diego. Alejandra chose not to fail the assignment, and Pablo disregarded the whole conversation he had with Alejandra.

"Are you okay, Ale?"

"I'm fine, Maxi. And I'm serious, she can get the main vocals," Alejandra said. "It means less rehearsals for me. And I have to be honest with myself, the song isn't even in my vocal range. But don't tell anyone I said that. Let's just let Ludmila think she wins and not by default."

Maxi gave Alejandra a look, then pulled her to the corner of the room when he saw Ludmila walking up to the door. "We can make the song in your vocal range, that's not a problem. We all agreed on it as a duet between you and Ludmila. What's changed?"

Alejandra shrugged. "I just don't want to fight over the main vocals. But if it's that important to you, Maxi. We'll keep it how we had it, with Ludmila and me on vocals, a duet."

"It is important to me, we can't have Ludmila take control over everything like she always does," Maxi said. "And you have the best voice in the entire studio. This song is definitely in your vocal range. Don't tell anyone I said that."

"Oh, I'm telling everyone," Alejandra joked. "I love getting compliments, please keep going."

"Are you two done gossiping over there? Or are we ready to rehearse?" Ludmila spoke up.

"Oh, you're finally here," Alejandra responded when Diego walked into the room. "Let's get started so we can finish in time." She motioned to Maxi to his laptop, which had the playback.

"Can we talk?"

"Can we talk?"

"We just finished talking," Alejandra said.

"Just the two of us. In private," Diego stated. Alejandra shook her head, but before she could say no, Diego said, "Okay, fine, we can talk with an audience. Whatever you want."