Zombie tales: Smii7y's survival

AHHH THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT I LOVE IT!!!!

Huge thank you to my beta reader/co-editor T_he__Gay for reading this and helping me edit it a bunch.

And also a big thank you to Shypizzas (Cookiepizzas) for requesting this. I'm so sorry it took so long I genuinely hope you enjoy this.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Three weeks.

Three weeks since he watched his closest friend die.

Three weeks since his last good night's sleep.

Three fucking weeks since this hell started.
.
.
.
.
Smii7y walked carefully around the seemingly empty streets of his small-town home. It was mostly zombie free due to the frantic noise of more and more people who tried to leave on day one.

He looked around cautiously, keeping an eye on every step he made and every sound he heard.

His mind began to wonder though.

It had been three weeks since the outbreak hit. It hit fast, and it hit everything like a brick. The news made it all seem like the COVID 19 pandemic again. Serious, but nothing extreme.

Yet, just like the virus, it was so much worse than anyone could have expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smii7y and Matt walked around the park until the duo got onto Smii7y's street. It was nearing two pm, the sun was out but it was still a slightly colder day.

The duo enjoyed a nice walk after recording an irl video together. Smii7y jokingly swapped places with Matt so he was on the road and Matt was on the sidewalk.

It was just so Matt didn't step in a small puddle. Matt snorted but went along with the bit anyway.

It was meant to be a goofy, VR filled day, but it ended up being the day Smii7y regretted the most.

Matt turned around after hearing frantic footsteps behind them. He was instantly tackled before being able to warn Smii7y.

"J-AH!" Matt screeched, being tackled onto the cement.

Smii7y turned and panicked. He grabbed the closest thing to him, which was a flat stone from his neighbors garden path, before hitting the assailant on the head. The man's blood spilling onto the grass, the stone, and sidewalk.

Smii7y dropped the stone and helped Matt up.

"A-are you ok? Did he hurt you?!" He asked the brunette in a panicked tone.

Matt remained quiet, only staring horrified at his arm.

"Matt?" Smii7y held the other’s shoulders before following the other’s gaze to the mark.

"Jaren..that’s..t-that's not normal," Matt whispers, his voice trembling.

The bite mark was beginning to create a light blueish purple pattern on the wound. The muscles twitch slightly as the color begins to darken.

Smii7y gulps. "Hey, hey, it's ok. Look at me."

He gently grabs Matt's face, making their eyes meet.

"You're gonna be ok. I promise."

Matt nods, both friends knew Smii7y was lying....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smii7y walks into an alleyway. To his right there was a small coffee shop. It was a fan favorite of his.

Smii7y shakes the thought out of his head. He swore to himself he'd forget that name and that day.

There was a tall zombie shuffling around further down the alley as Smii7y approached the cafe. Smii7y scrunched up his nose in disgust. He ignored the creature and tried opening the back door to the Cafe.