🌙Mithaas🌙

As the cheerful time flooded with rushed events flying by at the hectic havaili, it was as tea was being prepared admist the hectic preparations for a dawat taking place that night as the kitchen had now flooded with sweet, lingering scents of sweet and various mithai mixing with warm tea when resting over counters and taking over the whole space while spreading the sweet scent to waft around the chiming kitchen...

While admist the temptation of the mithai spread around in different shapes and sizes, the kitchen rang with conversation from kids who rushed around alongside the house help when preparing the brewing and warm tea while plating the vibrant, sweet display of mithai which was hard to resist and kheer with fast yet swift and careful moves...

When as the chatter mixing with the rushed moves went on, it was soon when meerub, with her duppata knotted at her hip to avoid the fabric from being a disturbance, and as the girl neatly set sweet gulab jaman on a glass plate for presentation, to swing her head around with a frantic question...

Meerub: Yaar chai hogai?
Asked the girl with furrowed brows and lips parted when gazing with wide eyes to the girls who stood behind when plating teacups onto a tray...
Haya: Bas hogai! Tum mithai tou tyaar karo na!
With the soft click of her tongue, haya spoke when gesturing to the mithai which meerub had left mid way as her words soon brought the girl's gaze darting back and to her task with a soft pout now playing over her lips...

Meerub: Yaar yeh chai ke sath itni mithai aur kheer ki kya zaroorat thi??? Raat davat ki bhi tou tyaaria karni hain!
With a playful huff, the confused meerub blurted out the question when going on with her gentle moves to now shift over and plate swirly yet sweet jelabis to a plate as her pout grew defined...
Mariam: Pata nahi yaar, bas maa ka order tha ke table mithaio se bhar do!
With a playful tone and gentle laugh, mariam spoke with a grin of mischief when recalling maa begams words and request which had left kids dumbstruck from the mere thought...

Yet just for meerubs lips to part for a soft sigh at the words as the girl scrunched up the small of her nose playfully...
Meerub: Uff!
Huffed out the girl with the shake of her head, going on with her swift tasks which she took on one after another before meerubs gaze flickered to the sight taking place infront of her as her brows knotted down, since arsal, who had been put to the task of plating mithai aswell, seemed more indulged in stealing bites from the sweet display as a pout plastered to his lips...

While the sight soon brought meerubs eyes to narrow in annoyance before the girls plump lips pulled to a tight line with a huff leaving her...
Meerub: Bhai tum tou jaldi hath chalao na!
With irritation laced to her tone, meerub snapped when gazing to arsal with knotted brows as his gaze soon flickered up to meet the girl's bringing arsals pout to grow pronounced...
Arsal: Mujh becharey se kitna kaam karwaoge zaalimo!?!?
The boy spoke with a dramatic sniff as his moves grew fast, while the words only seemed to elicit huffs of annoyance from the girls who furrowed down their brows...

Haya: Kar lo dramey...!
Said haya with a sigh, going around to race around the kitchen when as the girl rushed to where meerub stood, her eyes flickering to the source of a jingling and ringing tune chiming around the kitchen soon brought hayas eyes to light up from the sight of the shimmering bangles resting on meerubs wrist while sliding up and down with her fast moves...

Haya: Yaar meerub! Tumhey chudian mill gai?
With a smile growing over her lips, haya spoke excitedly and when shooting her gaze to meerubs gleaming face as the words soon had the girl's eyes darting over. Meerubs knotted brows slowly softning, eyes growing a hint and lips parting from the words ringing through her mind followed by the thought of the scene which had taken place with murtasim just a while ago...

When as meerub sucked back a soft breath from the mere thought which had her cheeks heating the slightest, the girls lips soon curled to an awkward smile as meerub nodded frantically...
Meerub: Uh- han!
The girl blurted out with a grin, her words soon bringing attention from the girls to now fix to her as mariams smile now also tugged wide...
Mariam: Bhai ne kab di?
Asked the girl with shimmering eyes hinting with slight mischief as mariam wagged her brows when now also racing towards the counter where meerub stood...