Ex- Future mother in-law chapter 6

Carla's POV

I woke up in Axe's arms I smiled to myself as I remembered the night before.. I try to move but I can't I look and see his arm around me. I chuckle and trace his tattoos which gives him chills but he doesn't wake up. I carefully slip out of his arm and take a shower to get ready to head home. I let the water wash over me like a flood.. I begin to think back to all the good times I had with Jackson.. His mom was very skeptical of me at first but she grew to like me or she did before we broke up as far as I know she hates me as if Jackson didn't make that clear when he came to get the rest of his things the other day.. *sigh* I know I should be moving forward but I've always wanted this "Perfect" Relationship where his mom loves me, His dad adores me and his family just- I sound so dumb don't I? I shake my head and finish showering then I get my clothes on and head home so I can relax for the rest of the day before work tomorrow night..

***********************************************************************************************

As I'm sitting at home relaxing I hear a knock on my door. I furrow my brows placing my Vape on the couch (Yes I know don't come at me, it helps me I also smoke so what do you want from me?) Anyways I head to open my door and I see My ex future mother in-law Diana?

I furrow my brows "Diana?" 

"Hello Darling!" She beams 

"I'm surprised you'd wanna see me" I say crossing my arms 

"I've always loved you dear, and I missed you." She says smiling 

"I'm sure Jackson has told you what happened between us.." I say trailing off 

"He did and I scolded him for it I don't give a shit how old he is you are a good woman and my son should have treated you better." She says crossing her arms.

"Diana I know you miss me and scolded him but that doesn't mean I'm going to take him back." I say taking a deep breath 

"Oh darling I didn't expect you too, I was just saying but I wanted to come see how you were doing" She says smiling 

I smile back "I'm doing fine, I've met someone else but I'm just seeing where it goes for now I'd like to get to know him before I officially move on." 

She nods "I understand dear, just know I have no hard feelings for you or towards you. Are you still working at the night club?" She asks 

"Yeah I am it's good money and the boss is great and understanding." I say trying to keep the conversation short. 

{I know what your thinking she's being nice why don't you open up more? I just don't trust her she loves and adores her son more than life itself yes she adored/adores me but I'm still iffy I guess I've read a lot of episode/wattpad/chapters stories but you can't ever be too careful these days.}

She nods getting the hint "I know you are skeptical of me darling but I promise you I have no hard feeling towards you at all."

I nod "Yeah well it was great seeing you again Diana, I'm going to relax before work tommrow night." 

She smiles "Okay dear, It was wonderful seeing you as well." she says walking to her car and leaving.

I shut my door freaked  out by the encounter I just had I mean don't get me wrong Diana seems genuine but I don't know something about this encounter seems off and I don't like the strange feeling I've got in my stomach. I'm pulled from my thoughts when my phone dings with a text.

*Ding ding*

I check the text.

Axe: Why'd you leave without saying a word?

Me: I didn't mean to leave like that I just wanted to change and relax before work tommrow night.. I also had an encounter with my ex future mother in-law that has spooked me badly ;(

Axe: Do you want me to take care of her?

Me: No god no I don't. I don't even know her motives yet but I have you if I need anything ;)

Axe: And who says that Kitten?;)

Me: You. Master ;) 

I laugh at the last text I sent then realization hits of what I've done and it more than likely will have consequences when I see him again but it feels good to be myself not this "Good girl" that I thought Jackson wanted me to be because he hates women who are strong headed and speak their minds like me. He wants a shy girl yet preppy complete opposite of me but I had a role to play and I played it well if I do say so myself.