Chapter 7 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

The G-force was hitting me hard as I pushed the speed as far as it would go down the straight, it was like the weight of a grand piano on my chest and neck. It was honestly exhilarating. I had driven some race cars before but this was something else entirely.

"Do I try lock up the wheel early and drift or take the racing line." I thought to myself knowing I only had milliseconds to even think.

"Fuck it. Im a street racer, they asked for one they will get one." I oversteered and braked hard. Forcing the weight of the car into the front, feeling all the horse power on my neck but it felt like home, like this was what I was born for or maybe that was the adrenaline talking.

It wasn't perfect but it was fast as hell, I could tell it took a few years off my life and I'd have definitely crashed and burned if it was new to me. "Holy shit that was mad." I heard the radio noise then the voice of Daniella.

"You think?" I said with a light giggle back. "If I could fix the lockup it would be better." I thought of being able to drift through hairpins and chicanes like I do back home. All of a sudden I could see this was bigger than my want to do good with the financial side of F1, I wanted to be a real racer, a world champion.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Pushing down on them pedals really was a work out, same with the rest of my body if I was being honest but I had been on the track for a while now setting some times. "Incredible stuff Alice, I think we are ready for you in the garage again." Daniella spoke over the radio sounding excited, maybe just as excited as me.

"Copy that." I spoke back slowing down so I could head back over with all the mechanics waiting. I stopped the car, I could see Max, Cristian and some others looking at screens with I could only assume were times and statistics.

I removed my steering wheel and handed it over to an engineer. "Thank you." I said as he put it on the table then I took off all the things I had on my head, flipping around my messy hair with my hands. Obviously now was when they all look at me. "Yikes embarrassing much." I thought knowing I probably looked beat up, and honestly I felt like it slightly.

"Amazing job out there, you really know how to drive a car." I appreciate Cristian not leaving me in suspense with his comments as I climbed my way out of the car, making sure the helmet that wasn't mine was safe on the table. I sneaked a look behind them at the screen, looking at the numbers 1:31.643 that's a super decent lap time.

"Cheers Cristian." I said with a smile and definitely got an odd look from all the not British people but I didn't mind. Instead my eyes were focused on the guy standing just outside the garage with a camera and he was tapping away at an IPad he had in his hands, he wasn't there when I got in the car I thought.

I gave Daniella a wave as I then walked out towards the distracted guy. "Hiya." I said wanting to get his attention before I scared him. He had light brown spiked hair and a goatee as well as a very nice smile. "Alice, Alice Angel." I said with my hand out which he took without hesitation and shook it. "I was just going to introduce myself, you beat me to it. I'm Adam, Social Media Admin." That explains the camera and tablet.

"Nice to meet you." I beamed, taking in the sun and the breeze that lit up the track I was just on. "You take a video of me out there?" I asked and he shook his camera slightly to indicate a yes. "Mind if I have a look." We then moved over to the shade and we looked at some of the videos Adam took.

"I know Cristian was going to have you since your contacts later, including me posting about you and your jobs on camera." He said as I looked at the shots of me driving, gosh did I look fast, I then nodded at what he was saying. I already did my own social media and a lot of it for both me and the racing club so it was no issue.

"You think I can post some things before that with your permission of course, just shots of the car." I thorough for a second not seeing an issue with it at all. "One condition." I then said with a slight giggle behind my words.

I typed into the table just a few words then handed it back to Adam. "It's got to be to this song." I smirked at his look of confusion reading "Deja Vu - Tsuko G." But I didn't elaborate and waved him off.

The Song was a racing song from a racing show and a semi-famous one at that so it wouldn't cause much confusion. However it was a street racing show and what fans had seemed to dub my theme song so it holds a special place in my heart as well as maybe plant the seeds of ideas for people who know of me.

The idea crossed my mind to post my own photo for my social media but I wouldn't want everyone knowing I was maybe going to be an F1 2024 diver ...... still a surreal concept.

"God where are the Lawyers" I could hear Cristian having a field day as I looked over he had a lot of papers in his hands. "Everything alright?" I called over.

"I want you to sign the paper work now, time is not on our side and this all honestly should have been done months ago." He ran his hands through his hair after putting the papers on the table, like he was stressed yet trying not to act like he was stressed at me.

"Max.." he looked over with a pleading expression, to which Max rolled his eyes as he hat on a chair near all the computers. "Fine, fine. I won't make you ask." Max got up, grabbing the papers. "You owe me though Cristian." Max then walked over to me, putting on a less sarcastic and snarky look.

"Let's go Alice." He beckoned to the door, I was so confused I honestly didn't even say anything just followed.

(A/N)

Writer curse is real, was writing this at night then had stop call the police on my neighbours and went back to writing. Classic fan fic behaviour.

- Lucette 💜