Chapter 11 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Max looked tired standing next me me as they set up all the cameras, it was understandable though, for all I know he had probably been here before me and I could tell he wasn't one for PR so I wasn't going to hold it against him.

"And we are rolling." The same lady from before said and I could see Max out the corner of my eyes straighten up slightly so I did the same. I could tell I was going to be thanking my press and media experience a lot now. "Fun times." I say back looking at the paddle kinda sign things we were gives. "We are playing never have I ever." The lady said and I smiled. "Yeah I could tell." I said back.

"And we want complete honesty." She said and to that I nodded. "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but." I said putting my hand over the top of my race suit. "Like this?" Max asked holding up the paddles, a clueless expression on his face. It made me have to lean away from the camera to hide a small giggle.

"Ok Alice, Max. Never have I ever missed a flight." She said and it didn't take me very long to hold up my 'I never have' red sign and at the same time Max held up his as well in dead silence.

"Oh wow really." I looked over at him in shock. "I mean I never take many flights but that's impressive." He had a deadpanned expression towards the camera, I could already tell this man knew nothing of social cues.

"Never have I ever binged a whole show in one day. She said again and I raised my 'I have' sign fairly fast and Max maybe took 3 seconds to think and raise his have not sign in complete silence then putting it back down. "Talk about the luxury of being a world champion." I thought to myself about how he could get away with almost anything probably because of his value as a driver, specially crappy PR.

"Oh what show?" I was asked and got slightly excited to talk about things I like. "Oooh well countless anime, demon slayer when that first came out. I watched that all in one day. Same as season one of Initial D." I said and the lady flipped her card, a thankful look that she was at least getting some content even if it was just me and not the actual world champion driver.

"Never have I ever, Texted the wrong person while gossiping about them." I gigged at this one, putting some drivers on blast I hope. "Well I guess not, no..... well I don't think so. No" max said with a whole ground braking 11 words as well as an expression that wasn't straight and unbothered.

"Hmm never texted them but I have been caught gossiping about someone." I said and saw Max smile slightly like he found it unexpected. "Oooh care to tell us more?" The lady ask and a waved it away.

"Nothing serious just like upper school and your gossiping and I think she was like right behind me, it was kind of horrendous as you would expect. Think I got into an actual fight." I said brushing a strand of hair out of my face slightly, thinking it was crazy how a stupid story from my crappy upper school in Luton was going to be heard by potentially hundreds of thousands of people.

"Never have I left someone on read."

"Oh I mean it's kinda hard not to, I think everyone has." I said holding my have sign along with straight face Verstappen. "Like it's so easy for, say my dad to message me an 'I love you're' or 'good job on that race.' and I'll read it, be busy, so I message him later." I see max side eye me slightly but I pay no mind to it and assume it's nothing.

"Never have I ever cut my own hair."

"I don't think so, no" Max puts his up. "I'd have to say I'm criminal for cutting my own bangs all the time." I point to my fringe with a giggle and I can hear some of the crew laughing. "I wouldn't say it's half bad though, I have been doing it for like a while now." I say with a fake offended look. "Yeah it looks good." The lady said back to me and I smiled.

"Never have I ever pretended to be someone else."

"Ohh depends kinda." I say looking over at Max. "Yeah I mean depends how you mean it." He agreed and with both look over to the host lady. "Well think of it how you want to interpret it." She said giving a vague answer and I couldn't blame her, I could only assume she didn't write the questions.

"The problem is maybe when I was little yeah." Max said and I nodded with agreement. "Yeah like I think I use to pretend I was Sebastian Vettel when I was super young." I said getting a laugh from the crew as well as Max. He seemed to definitely lighten up, at least a bit to the end of the video filming.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

It was getting late and the sun was starting to set as I sat by the river under the willow tree, watching the orange's and yellow's reflected in water dance with the wind. I held my beige jumper close to me since it was starting to get cold and I was out of my race suit.

I brushed my hands against the icy steam, enjoying the numb static feeling it gave my finger tips and contemplated the insane day I had. I couldn't explain why it was so different here, I was always in the spotlight, even back in Japan. I was always on camera and speaking to fans or the press but I was with friends and people like me. Now I was going to be rubbing shoulders with the elite and the upper class, 19 multimillionaire men who have all been in the same circles their whole lives.

Way to feel like an outsider. It was going to feel like a masquerade of the proletariat but I didn't mind all that much, life as the bourgeoisie just isn't for me. I was happy with the choice I made at the end of the day.

I pulled myself out of my head and back to looking at the beautiful scenery, watching the willow leaves fall into the darkening river but it was short lived."

"Not got anywhere to be?" I was starting to recognise that voice more and more but certainly I wasn't expecting Lando Norris to be walking down the path next to the Dutchman.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

(A/N)

God I wish I had like someone who could edit and proof check my work. I'm way too dyslexic for this.
Hope you enjoyed still. X

-Lucette💜