Chapter 9 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

A few days had passed and I laid practically face down on the sofa in my parents living room. "What was I even thinking chichi, I'm not cut out for this, I'm not a millionaire man who's been driving since I was 6. This was wishful thinking." I whined but was mumbled out by the arm cushion.

My dad had been banished to sitting on the floor as he watched some very old TV show, since there was no space on the one seat in the living room. "Ali-Chan, you have been doing this since you left here for what 5 or 6 years, I can't name a better driver in the rain or someone more versatile. You will be fine." He said leaving back to squeeze my hand in the hopes to comfort me.

"It's different now chichi, that was for fun, now there's all this pressure to actually do well and I have to represent all women in motorsports as well as Japan on top of that." I said again. Today was the day I had to go and film the F1 into as well as do a few interviews, only a few days since I was even back in the UK and I didn't have time to breath.

At least it was all in London and I wasn't travelling around the world just yet. "Alice Inazuma Angel, you're one of the sweetest and most talented people ever. Don't ever think for a second you can't do anything you set your mind to. Even if it's not for you, no one will say you didn't try." My dad looks back at me as I sit myself up then go over to hug him.

"Daisuki." I say telling my dad I loved him as the door opened. "Alice come help unpack the shopping." I head my mum say loudly from the front door. "Coming mum." I yell back as my farther messed up my hair pushing me to the door lightly so he could have to sofa back. "Go help Ali-chan."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

My bedroom was still decently childish in my parents house, understandable since I left when I was 17. The nostalgia of the racing bed sheets and my posters came rushing in like a warm feeling hitting my chest.

The dust particles were lit up by the morning sun, no one had lived in here for a while. All my good feelings got sucked out of my soul when I made eye contact with Max Verstappen, well more specifically his poster on my wall. Him and Daniel Ricciardo looked right back at me. "Yeah fuck that." I said taking it off me wall. Not so bad for a 17 year old fan girl, very creepy for someone who works with them.

"What does someone even wear to things like this?" I thought looking at my small wooden wardrobe that had the paint flacking off it after so many years. I pulled out a redbull shirt that seemed to be a slightly more feminine version that what I was use to seeing the drivers in, I also tossed of a navy blue plaid skirt and a belt as well as a few cute accessories. I loved my clothes, nothing like a good free shirt and matched with a new thrift find.

I grabbed the bag my mum had given me from the craft store, in it was a few things but also including two packets of small and thin red ribbons as well as navy ones. She really was so sweet. I tie a few into my hair along with my black ones as I look in the mirror, happy with the streak like effect they give off.

"Im taking the Honda to the train station." I call to my dad as I go down the stairs. "Oh yeah shit." I then think as I pass the coffee table next to the front door and grab a light beige jumper as well as a pair of sunglasses, I didn't want my outfit to scream redbull employee as I was on the tube.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

This was make or brake, all or nothing now. I stood looking at the tall studio building. It was beautiful with the willow trees and river I just crossed yet it had this looming effect or maybe that was just my dread I really couldn't tell. There was security around the doors but they didn't seem to be staring me down so hopefully they were expecting me. I pulled my bag higher onto my shoulder and walked over to the big rotating door with the bouncers with a deep breath, hearing my heels click as I walked over.

"What was I thinking, am I perpetually stereotyped? I have to be an example now." I beat myself up mentally but just came to the conclusion I had to be true to myself. "Hiya." I waved to the security guard and spoke a bit quietly but still audible. "Miss Angel." On of them said and then nodded as the three large men moved from the door so I could get into the studio building. "Thank you." I smiled, happy it didn't cause a scene.

As I walked through the threshold that was the spinning door, the atmosphere was immediately different, there was so many busy people. It didn't take me long to see the person with a camera already recording me as I walked through the door. "Yep this is my life now."

He has his hand there for a fist bump which I didn't leave him hanging. "Alice Angel...rookie season, how we feeling?" He said seeming nice, I could imagine this was for the behind the scenes video so I scraped my original response of figuratively shitting myself.

"I'm hyped and I'm ready to serve." I said with a smile, trying to sound a sportsman casual. The guy nodded. "Well we are happy to have you." He then turned the camera off and to that I was grateful. "Sorry about jumping you like that Alice." He said, and I waved it away like it was no bother.

"This is for all the behind the scenes hopefully that's fine with you?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah totally no issue." I smiled, looking around slightly at the large building. "Well if you just go through the gates there and up the stairs, the changing room for you to get into your race suit should be on your left. There are people everywhere if you get lost then we will take you to hair and makeup." She said using his hand to point as he talked, super helpful since it was all slightly overwhelming.

"Amazing thank you." I nodded my head slightly trying not to bow out of habit as I then walked thorough the already open security gates.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

(A/N)

Idk where the F1 studio actually is, but watch the 2024 BTS since I'll be using it as a guide.

-Lucette 💜