Chapter 10 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Thank the gods." I thought to myself as I adjusted my redbull race suit that hung around my waist just above my fireproofs. This was obviously made to my measurement's and wasn't just a small men's suit like last time.

I made my way down to hair and makeup like they said to, along with several people that had cameras. As I knocked on the door there stood a nice looking lady with a smile, she looked at me and beckoned me in. "Come over and take a seat Alice, I have been so excited, you have no idea." The lady said, seeming very sweet. She had on a simple black outfit and she also had the ends of her hair coloured pink to contrast the brown. It was very fitting of her and made her stand out. A woman after my own heart."

"Good morning lovely to meet you." I said sitting in the chair opposite the mirror, and very large makeup set up. "You don't know how sick I am of just doing moisturiser and chapstick all day on these guys." The lady said putting on her glasses and then draping a cover over my suit and clipping it behind my neck. It's like the ones they use at the hairdressers but I couldn't think of the name.

"Gosh I can imagine." I said with a giggle giving a slight side eye to the camera that was still there and recording. "So are you wanting something natural and simple or bold?" She asked getting out all the foundations she had. "You're the expert, have fun with it."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Watched the clock, it had been maybe an hour and I could only guess the makeup was halfway through from what I could see. Although it was already looking stunning. The aura was surprising close to my own makeup style that I did with the dark eyes and dramatic look, just more professional than I ever could.

"Looking good." I could here a familiar dutch accent from the doorway, obviously I looked over to see Max. I smiled, making eye contact with him, it was nice to see an even slightly familiar face. He leaned against the doorframe with his race suit just around his waist, a few other people behind him, I could only guess his staff.

"Aww thanks." I said looking back over to my mirror, making eye contact with max through the reflection. "They have smoothies downstairs." Max walked a bit closer to put a small plastic cup on the vanity. It was full of a yellow thick-ish liquid l as well as it had a red and white paper straw "hmm how luxurious." I thoroughly to myself sarcastically but still it was honestly a sweet gesture that made me smile.

"I didn't know what you'd like, hope that's ok." He said drinking his own identical one. I tried it and smiled back at him. "Yeah super nice, thanks Max." The tropical cold twang of orange and pineapple lit my tongue. A small part of me almost went to say how much do I owe you but I wasn't going to insult him like that. I'd probably come off strange asking to pay a millionaire like £2.

The air was light and didn't feel like there was any tension or pressure, I can imagine his being so nice to me was because I was the new girl and the second we got out into the track he'd end up wanting to wring my neck in. Not an idea I would have hated one upon a time but now these people weren't celebrities anymore, they were my co-workers and all of a sudden very real people. It was certainly creepy as hell.

"You already done your shoot?" I asked trying to ignore my waterline being poked at with a liner. "Mhm" he nodded leaning on the door again sipping at his drink. "It just takes them like 10 minutes then some photos, same as every year." I think he meant them to try sound comforting but it had the opposite effect. "God, if I never knew what imposter syndrome was before I definitely do now."

"Oh and they want us to shoot some of the grill the grid together as well in a bit." Max added and that got me excited as well as nervous, I was at a massive disadvantage when it came to knowing the driver since I haven't actually met almost all of them.

"Oh Grill the grid is basically like a game show style of-" Max started but I cut him off with a laugh and he looked confused. "I know what it is Max." I said taking a deep breath to stop my laughter. "No need to mansplane it." I said, wanting to say Maxsplane but ultimately choosing against it. "Ahh right." Max then said sheepishly.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Max was nice to chat to for a little while until he left, even if it was being recorded the whole time. Eventually my hair and makeup was all done and my ribbons stayed so that was comforting if nothing else, my identity wasn't being wiped away to become some driver I'm not.

I walked into the room to be faced with a dimly lit ambience. The back of it had a massive screen, it had the word Alice lit up in big red letters and just to the side were two big red lights. "This is insanely cool."

"Hi, I'm Alice Angel." I said kind of nervously creeping into the room, looking at the decent amount of people that were in the studio area. "Hello, we definitely know who you are Alice. Nice to finally meet." The lady who seemed to be in charge smiled, I could imagine she was the one who managed the F1 video content.

I didn't really know where to go so I just kind of gravitated to the middle of the space, between the lights and then lovely lady . She got talking to me about what she wanted to do for the intro shoot.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The photo taking itself wasn't as scary as I had expected and I actually got to have fun with it. Doing different dramatic poses with the lighting and my hair was nice. I got to see all the shots that they had captured and I was honestly shocked to like the outcome that much. "Oooh I love them." I said to the team watching me on the screen flip my hair with my hand and look into the camera.

"Ok we'll just for your photos now and then we can send you on your way." The lady said and I nodded happily, swearing though I could see Max in the corridor but maybe that was just a trick of the light.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

-Lucette 💜