02

DEMON "

" EYES KEEN, PIERCING THE VEIL'S CHARADE. 
IN DEMON'S GUISE, YET SALVATION'S AID. 
A PARADOX EMBODIED, DARK AND TRUE. 
SAVIOUR AND DEMON, BOTH IN VIEW. "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Your head was still throbbing when you regained consciousness. Voices could be heard all around you, but you ignored them. Too overwhelmed by the stinging pain in your right arm, and the burn in your ankle.

A man in uniform eventually makes his way over to you, helping you into a sitting position. You squeezed your eyes shut as a wave of nausea hits you.

"Are you alright?"

"No. Not really." You brought your uninjured hand up to touch your forehead. Your fingertips were met with the smooth fabric of a plaster. Forcing your eyes open, you look to the man in front of you, "what happened?"

"Well, we were hoping you could tell us." He scratched the back of his neck, brows furrowed. "You don't remember?"

A woman wearing a similar uniform approached you. "Sorry to interrupt, but what's your name?"

"[L/n]- uhm. I mean, Jinshoku [Y/n]." You watch the woman write something down before asking her next question. "Do you have any family or friends living nearby?"

"Yes, my husband, Jinshoku Ryotaka." After receiving the address from you, the woman took her leave — to inform your husband about the incident, you assumed.

You noticed how there were two more masked people in the same uniforms standing around. Along with one man dressed slightly differently, with a sword attached to his hip.

"Uhm, anyway. If you could tell me what happened..." The man squatting in front of you resumed.

You told him everything you could recall — the woman and her husband, how the demon looked like, and how it chased after you until you blacked out.

"Were you with anyone else?" The man asked, looking up from his notepad.

You shook your head, immediately regretting your actions when the pain in your head worsened. "Why?" You noticed the confused look on the man's face as he scribbled something down.

"Do you remember where you passed out?"

"Not exactly where but," you turned to look at the woods not too far away from you. "Somewhere in there, after i hit my head."

"Strange."

"What's strange?"

"It's just..." The man's voice trailed off as he tried to think of an appropriate response. "When we arrived at the scene, you were already laying down here."

"You didn't carry me out here?" You frowned, unsure of what to think.

"No. We simply dressed your wounds." He explained, pointing to the big plaster on your forehead and the bandages around your wrist and ankle. "Someone else brought you here."