Finally! We are going home.

Engfa's POV:
"P'Fa, can we exchange it? I really love that purple one!" Charlotte asked me as she handed me the headband that mom Mai gave to us.

"Nuu, mom Mai, know what she gave us. The yellow one is for you, and the purple one is for me." I explained to her in a soft voice.

"But! Please?" Thire she go again with that sweet voice and the puppy ayes that always make me surrendered to her. I took a deep breath before answering.

"Okay! Here you go!" And I handed her the headband and took hers.

"Yey! Thank you, p'Fa. You're the best." Then she hugged me while jumping.

FLASH BACK ENDS!
I just realized that I'm already smiling while looking at the yellow puppy ears headband that I'm holding right now. It's been 12 years since we last saw each other, but the thoughts of that kid still make me smile. I wonder how she is doing right now!

"Phi, are you ready? Mom and dad are waiting for you downstairs." Snack, my younger brother called me.

"Almost, just give me a minute." I yelled from inside my room. Finally, we are going home. After 12 years of staying here in the Philippines, finally, we are going back to Thailand.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Charlotte's POV:
I'm in my room right now with Heidi and Marima. They are riding on my drawers and teasing me of the things that they found in my drawer from time to time. We have known each other since college, and they just love doing this to me. They love teasing me. And I love them too. I like to be teased like a 2.3 years old kid.

"Hi, look! I found a cute headband. Is this yours, Cha?" Marima says while holding the purple bunny ears headband that is safely kept on the buttomest part of my drawer. I feel heat suddenly rushing to my face.

"Hi, not that one!" I rushed to Marima and snatched the box from her hands. Heidi and Marima looked at me in shock, and I'm also shocked with how I acted. This thing is just so valuable to me that I can't let anyone touch it.

"Hi, Cha. I'm sorry!" I heard Marima, but I just suddenly felt down now. Maybe I just missed that person that this headband made me remember.

"I'm sorry!" I murmured enough for them to hear, and I close the box and put it back to my drawer, and head to may desk.
They started fixing my stuff while I'm scanning through my phone. I heard them whispering at each other, but I couldn't clearly understand what they were talking about.

"Cha! Are you mad at me?" Marima asked when they were done fixing and walking towards me. I just shake my head 'no' as a response. Then they nod at each other. They know when I'm not in the mood because I'm too lazy to talk.

"Come on, let's get some burgers and green tea! My treat." Heidi says. I quickly sift my frown face into a big smile as I nod in agreement. They just laugh at me as we go downstairs. They really know how to cheer me up.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I had just finished taking a bath when I heard Hiedi's voice shouting from downstairs.

"Cha!" She called for several times rapidly. I also heard Marima blaming her.

"Can you please be quiet? It's early in the morning, and you're so loud already! There's no need to be in a hurry anyway!" I heard Marima saying.

"What is it, the two of you? Did you just come here to argue in front of me?" I ask them when they finally reach my room. Though I am used to this situation because we are always like this, I still need to say it.

"Well, nothing much. I just want to annoy you guys because I love you so much!" Hiedi playfully says. Marima and I take a deep breath in frustration.

"Why are you here this early then?" I ask them.

"Mmm, the chief is inviting us to the function hall. We need to have a meeting about the upcoming Fiesta here in our village." Marima informed me.

"And also, I heard from the village that Engfa Waraha and her brother will be there to join us." Marima continued. I felt my heart skip a bit as I heard that familiar name.

"What? Wait, who?" I can't believe that we are talking about her. P'Fa is here?

"Engfa Waraha, the balik-bayan. I also heard that they are here for good." Marima answered.

"P'Fa, do you really come back?" I murmured to myself, not wanting the others to hear me.

"Are you saying something, Cha?" Hiedi asks me.

"No, nothing. Just give me five minutes, I just need to change." I told them and let them wait for me in the leaving area because I'm literally still on my bathrobe.