7. Going for a Walk

The morning sun cast a golden glow through the window of Ragini's room, where the air was still and filled with the promise of a new day. The morning light gently filtered through the window, casting intricate patterns on the floor. The room was filled with a serene atmosphere, heightened by the cheerful mood of the day. Dust particles danced lazily in the still air, illuminated by the golden sunlight. Sulabha, Vidur's wife, sat by the bed, sorting through a colorful array of garments, each one a tapestry of different designs and hues.
Her hands moved deftly, picking up a garment and then discarding it, searching for the perfect attire that would complement Ragini's newfound place in this strange yet fascinating world.

Ah, this one might just be perfect,” she murmured to herself, holding up a richly embroidered tunic against the light. The fabric was a deep indigo, mirroring the clear sky outside, adorned with delicate threads of gold that sparkled in the sunlight.

Sulabha's fingers paused over the fabric of a pink dress, her inspection thorough for any imperfections. It was a habit born of necessity and care, ensuring that every garment was worthy of wear. Satisfied, she was about to set it aside when her attention was drawn away by the soft rustle of fabric.

Ragini emerged from the bathroom, clad in a brown lehnga. Her expression betrayed a hint of uncertainty, as she wasn't accustomed to wearing such attire, having spent most of her days in modern professional clothing. With raised eyebrows, Ragini sought Sulabha's opinion on her appearance. “Does this dress look alright?

Sulabha smiled warmly and nodded in approval, assuring Ragini that the dress suited her well. “Yes, dear. It's a decent fit and looks good on you” she complimented.

Ragini approached the mirror, her reflection casting a curious gaze back at her. Though the dress didn't seem entirely out of place, she couldn't shake the feeling of unfamiliarity that clung to her like a shadow. It had been so long since she had worn anything like it, and the sensation was both unsettling and oddly nostalgic. “I suppose it's not too bad,” she conceded, her voice growing in confidence. “It's been ages since I've worn something like this... I can't even remember when.

The room was filled with a soft nostalgia as Sulabha shared memories of her early days with Vidur. “He would surprise me with new clothes, each piece chosen with such thought,” she said, her voice tinged with the sweetness of those cherished moments. “Afterward, we'd escape to the garden, just the two of us, surrounded by blossoms and the songs of birds, losing ourselves in conversation.

She let out a wistful sigh, the fabric of a dress slipping through her fingers like the sands of time. “Duties of the state have since claimed much of his time, but we steal moments when we can. Love finds a way, even in the briefest of glances.

Ragini settled beside Sulabha, her heart touched by the tale. “That's the essence of love, isn't it? Being there, through every twist of fate,” she mused aloud, her words a reflection of the bond she witnessed.

Sulabha nodded, a smile playing on her lips as she shifted the conversation, handing Ragini another set of clothes. “Here, these will do for now. We can go shopping later to get you some new clothes.” she said, her tone practical yet warm.

Ragini hesitated, expressing gratitude for the gesture, “Oh, these are good enough, really. You don't have to go through the trouble.

However, Sulabha's resolve was unwavering, citing the need for Ragini to indulge in a bit of self-care and enjoyment after her unexpected arrival in their world. “It's been some time since I went shopping myself. Come on, it'll be fun.

Relenting, Ragini conceded, lacking the energy to argue further.
Her gaze lingered on the objects from her own time—a smartphone, a keychain, and other modern conveniences—now relics in a world that had no use for them. They were reminders of a life that seemed as distant as the stars above.