𝟎𝟎𝟏 ~ Intro

TW !!

Description
This is a introduction page of why Ivory acts the way she acts, so basically it's a backstory chapter :)

Ivory Monroe, she wasn't a really emotional 17 yr old which is funny cause she was most definitely a drama queen when she was younger. But, this switch of her personality wasn't out of the blue.

It had been couple months since she had moved back to Tulsa, Oklahoma from Las Vegas, Nevada. She moved over there since she was admitted to a high end middle school that promise many college opportunities, and not wanting to disappoint her parents, she decided to go and leave her life in Tulsa behind for that school.

Ivory slumped all the way to her bedroom, tiredly dropping her school bag on the floor. "Ugh, I do NOT want to move for the rest of the day..." she groaned as she plopped on her bed, breathing in the pillow her face was stuffed into. She suddenly heard a knock at her bedroom window, curiously she walked over to it and opened it. There stood Darry and Soda "Hey Ivory!" Soda said cheerfully "oh hey Soda, hey Darry... what are y'all two doing here?" Ivory asked, her voice having a slight tiredness to it. "We came to ask if you wanted to hang out at the park later today?" Darry asked, he leaned against the window frame while awaiting her answer "Oh yeah sure! But my brother is gonna have to come with us, my parents will beat my ass if I don't.." she laughed "Great see you there, Candy" Darry smiled softly as they walked away, Ivory's heart skipped a beat when she heard the nickname Darry called her, "Candy", it was stuck in her brain. She shook her head and closed her window and laid back on her bed, waiting for the time to see her friends.

Time skip

Ivory patiently waited on a bench, there sitting next to her was her brother, Kane. He was drinking a bottle of coke Ivory promised him earlier if he didn't make a fuss when heading over to the park. Ivory looked around, trying to see if any one was there yet. Seeing no one, she decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. She got up from the bench "Come on Kane, let's walk around" she smiled as Kane stood up and walked beside her.

After walking around for a while, a familiar voice called out for her. "Hey! Greaser!" Her head wiped around, immediately standing in front of her brother. "What do you want Bob.." Ivory snapped "Nothin'... just want to have some fun, Ivy" Bob smirked, his friend group was behind him as they slowly approached. The reason Ivory and Bob knew each other was that Ivorys dad is a doctor but due to segregation laws, they aren't allowed in the Soc area since her mother is Colombian. This still doesn't stop her father from being friends with all the Socs because "we're meant to be there, so they should at least know us" Ivory always thought that was a stupid reason, and the worst part was that her parents were close friends with Bobs parents...

"Couldn't you wait for when I'm not with my brother?" Ivory said, still standing in front of Kane to shield him from the Socs. "Aww but what's the fun in that huh?" Bob slurred out, she started to realize he was probably drunk from the swaying walk he had and the way he sounded.  "Fun?" Ivory said as she grabbed her brother's hand and started to move backwards slowly. "What do you mean by... fun?" "Oh you know.. treating you like what you are... a greaser" Bob laughed. Ivory felt an arm grab her arm and pin her down to the ground, she swung her arms to punch anyone who was there. She kept her eyes close and swung all over the place until she felt both her arms held down. "Get the f#ck off of me!" She yelled as she opened her eyes. She felt a cold sensation on the top her of right eyebrow "Let's help you see better... how's that sound?" Bob smirked, he slid down the knife that touched her face slowly, across her right eyebrow then across her eye. Her eye burned, Ivory held back her scream to not scare her brother... wait... where is her brother? Panic started to set into her mind, she didn't pay attention to the stinging anymore, she needed to know where her brother was at.

After a while of punches and blood being flown everywhere, the Socs finally fled. Ivory stood up, her face covered in blood, her eye was especially damaged. She held her eye and started to limp around to look for her brother "Kane!...Kane?!" She called out, she tried her best to look around. When she turned the corner she saw her brother lying down next to the curb. Her brother was motionless, Ivory tried her best to limp her way to her brother.
When she reached him she collapsed right next to him. "Kane, get up... come on, this ain't funny" she begged as she shook him, she place two fingers next to his neck. Nothing, no pulse, no breathing, he was gone. Ivory began to sob uncontrollably. After a while, she had calmed down slightly and began looking around to see if anyone was nearby , seeing a bright light approach her she tried to sit up just in case it was Bob again. "Ivory! Don't move!" a familiar voice called out, it was Darry. "Are you alright, Candy?" There was a panic in his voice when he kneeled down next to her "Yeah, Yeah... Im fine" she said as she very wobbly tired to stand up, almost falling. Darry caught her before she could fall down "Your not, Candy" he had a gentle tone to his voice "I'm fine!" She snapped "Look at my brother.." she said by holding back tears, she tried to look back at her brother but Darry wouldn't let her.

The cops were called to the area. Ivory watched as they placed the white cover over Kane, Darry slowly rubbed her shoulder. "He's in a better place now Candy.."  Darry said softly, looking at her "Yeah.. whatever..."  Ivory replied, still looking down to the ground.
"Ivory!" Ivory wiped her head around to see her mother, her father stood right next to her. "Mom!" She ran over to her mother "Mom, I'm sorry I tried to-" SMACK.  Ivory stood there in shock, her mother had just slapped her "I can't believe you! You couldn't save your brother!?" Her mother screamed in her face for what felt like hours, she was pretty sure everyone was starting at her, she wanted to scream back at her "I couldn't!" or "I was pinned down to the ground, I could barely move!" but nothing came out. She just stood there and took all the screams that came out her mothers mouth. "Where going home.. come on Ivory.." Her mother said as she grabbed  her arm tightly. Darry watched as they took away, he regretted not doing anything but its her parents.

After they returned home, Ivory received some pretty harsh treatment. She walked all the way to her room and sat on her bed, blankly starting at the door of her room. Her cheeks were stained red from all the tears that went through the blood on her face. From there she vowed to never be as emotional she was this day. As she stood up, her legs had a sharp pain in it "it's probably from falling on the concrete" she thought to herself . Ivory stepped into the shower to clean herself off, she sighed deeply as she turned on the shower. After finishing her shower she dressed up into some comfy clothes and patched up her eye into new gauze. She laid down on her bed, looking at the ceiling. "I hope this is just a dream" she repeated to herself over and over until she fell asleep.