|𝟷𝟺|

Leia Welsh

I can't believe I kissed him again. What is wrong with me?

We both agreed to forget about it, but this kiss was somehow even better than the last. I can still feel the heat from it coursing through my body as I absentmindedly touch my lips. I needed a distraction, and he was there. But why did I kiss him?

Did he forget our kiss? I know he was really drunk last night, but was he able to forget? The thought of him forgetting while I can't is making my stomach churn. I need to be the one to forget not him.

Ari interrupts my thoughts by asking, "What are we doing here?"

I reply with a forced smile, "You said you wanted to see me coach, so here I am, coaching."

We watch the boys running back and forth in the sand, completely exhausted. Most of them are shirtless including Warren who I've been constantly staring at.

His tanned, sweaty, muscular, toned body is too irresistible. I can tell that he has noticed me staring by the way his eyes flicker towards me with a slight smirk which makes me instantly look away.

"It's so hot," Ari complains, fanning herself with her hands as she pouts at me, making me shake my head as I laugh.

"Do you want to join them? I'm sure they'd appreciate having something to look at besides the sand," I tease, earning a playful smack on the arm from Ari.

I blow the whistle and walk to the boys with Ari trailing behind me. Despite the temptation of all the shirtless guys with abs running around, I try to stay focused.

Professionalism, Leia, professionalism.

"Oh, sweet baby Jesus, it's like I've died and gone to heaven," Ari says loudly, unable to tear her eyes away from Owen's chiseled abs.

His laughter rings out in response to Ari's comment, and she quickly spins around, cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

I know exactly how you feel, Ari.

Coach Johnson's booming voice interrupts, "Who here knows how to play soccer?" without missing a beat, they all raise their hands in response.

My gaze lands on Warren, who is already looking at me. I can't help but let my eyes drift down to his impressive abs and the tantalizing V-line that leads downward.

The sudden rush of heat that floods through me is definitely due to the warm weather, obviously. Warren's gaze lingers on me, his beautiful cobalt blue eyes tracing a path up and

down my body, causing me to cough nervously.

I quickly avert my eyes, focusing on Coach Johnson instead. However, I can't help but notice the gleaming bald head that is only halfway tanned, making me want to burst out laughing, but I hold it in.

"Alright, you boys will be playing soccer today," I announce with a smirk, watching as confusion spreads across their faces. "But not on grass. We're taking it to the sand."

Miller sneers at me, while Kateb and Matt shoot me a glare that I just can't resist rolling my eyes at.

"Her idea, definitely," Miller mutters under his breath.

"You got a problem with that, boys?" Coach Johnson chimes in, his gaze fixing on them sternly.

Ari lets out a laugh, and I can't help but notice the way the boys all turn to her in awe. It's clear they have no love lost for me, but hey, can't win 'em all.

Ari has that effect on people. The way she smiles at them makes them feel like she's smiling only at them, the way she laughs makes it seem as if she's laughing with them and them alone. She has a way of making people think they're more important than they actually are. It's a dangerous gift.