|𝟺𝟸|

Leia Welsh

I stick my hands out with a dramatic flair, my long hair swishing around as I move my body to the beat of Taylor Swift. The music blares through the speakers, filling the room with a catchy tune.

Ari joins in, twirling me around as we both double over in laughter. I collapse onto the couch, gasping for air as she turns down the volume, her chest heaving from the exertion.

"I appreciate the effort to cheer me up, but Taylor Swift?" I manage to say between deep breaths, raising an eyebrow in mock disbelief.

Ari gasps dramatically, clutching her heart in mock hurt. "How dare you disrespect a Swifty like that," she says, flopping down beside me with a playful pout.

"Why didn't you just tell him how you felt, Leia?" Ari's tone is filled with genuine concern as she watches me fiddle with my thumbs.

Memories of Warren's touch flood my mind, causing a pang in my chest.

"What would I have said, Ari? 'Hey, thanks for being so understanding about our situation, but I actually like you'? Yeah, that would have gone over well," I retort sarcastically, my words laced with bitterness.

I see a flicker of hurt in Ari's eyes, and a wave of guilt washes over me.

I let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair as I try to push down the emotions bubbling up inside me.

The weight of unspoken feelings hangs heavy in the air, suffocating me with regret. I can't help but wonder what could have been if I had just been brave enough to speak my truth.

"I'm sorry, it's not your fault, I guess he has a point, but the way he said everything irritates me, and I somehow didn't lash out at him right then and there," I say with an annoyed tone, rolling my eyes.

I tilt my head back and let out a long sigh, feeling the weight of the situation sinking in.

"Guys are dicks, I know that all too well," Ari chimes in, playing with her hair nervously.

I raise an eyebrow at her, "And what exactly happened to you?" I press, but she avoids my eyes, her gaze fixed on the floor.

The tension in the room grows thicker as she finally whispers, "Henson has kind of been stalking me."

My jaw drops in disbelief. Stalking? That's a new level of low, even for him. I can't believe someone would stoop that low just to get back with someone.

I knew Henson had a temper, but this is a whole new level of crazy.

"He caught me and Owen kissing," she confesses, a mischievous grin spreading across my face.

"It's about damn time, at least one of us has some good news," I quip, the sarcasm dripping from my words as Ari looks at me with concern, her eyes filled with empathy.

"I didn't want to rub it in," she says softly, her hands coming to rest on my shoulders in a comforting gesture that makes me chuckle.

"You're not rubbing it in, I'm genuinely happy for you," I assure her, a genuine smile tugging at the corners of my lips as she nervously bites her lip.

"But we're still friends, me and Owen I mean," she adds, almost as if seeking reassurance, and I nod in understanding.

"I have to admit, I sort of made a deal with Henderson Adam," I confess, scratching the back of my head sheepishly as Ari's eyes widened in surprise at the mention of the notorious Henderson Adam.

Before she can even react, there are loud knocks at the door that make both me and Ari snap our attention towards it.

I'm secretly hoping it's Warren coming to apologize, even though I know deep down it's not.