|𝟺𝟼|

Leia Welsh

I sit on the couch, the TV remote in my hand, scrolling through Netflix as if my life doesn't have a care in the world. It's funny, really, how I can be so nonchalant after being locked up not too long ago. But here I am, calm as can be. It's weird.

I found out that Ari is throwing a party at Miranda's house tonight. Of course, I have no plans on attending. Why would I?

Ari and I haven't exchanged a single word since the incident, and I'm certainly not going to be the one to break the silence.

Ari's outfit caught my eye earlier though. She was dressed as a farmer, complete with a fake axe in hand. Her red hair was thrown up in a messy ponytail, and there was fake blood smeared across her face.

She probably wanted me to compliment her before she left, but I simply couldn't bring myself to do it. I just turned away, ignoring her completely. I watch as Athena struts out of her room, looking like a total knockout in her bloody nurse costume.

Her skirt is scandalously short, her blue eyes hidden behind brown contacts, and her normally blue hair transformed into a stunning blonde wig.

With her killer heels adding to her already impressive height and fake blood smeared on her flawless pale skin, she's a sight to behold.

"How do I look, Leia?" Athena asks, twirling around with a beautiful smile.

"If I was a guy, I'd have a raging boner," I whistle out, earning a hearty laugh from Athena as she grabs a bat from her room to complete her Halloween look.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" she asks, sauntering over to the fridge and grabbing a cold-water bottle before taking a long swig. "I know you and Ari have been at each other's throats, but I promise to be as indifferent as possible."

I may have come to terms with Athena being Warren's girlfriend, but that doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it. She is nice though, but she definitely lacks a filter.

Yet I put aside my jealousy, even though the idea of them going to the party together makes me feel queasy.

"I'm not really into parties," I say nonchalantly, dismissing the idea as Athena simply shrugs in response.

"I could stay in, and we could pull some pranks on people in the Manchester Dorms," she suggests, winking mischievously.

I can't help but laugh at the thought of causing some chaos with Athena. It's easy to forget that there are actually people living in the Manchester dorms, considering how isolated we are in the Walcott dorms. The Omen dorms are a whole world

away from the Manchester dorms.

"No, go and have some fun," I insist with a smile.

"I'll bring you some booze, I promise," Athena says with a pout, trying to tempt me as I settle into the couch, wrapped in a blanket.

"You better bring me some, or else I won't forgive you," I tease, sticking my tongue out as she grabs her keys with a cute stitch keychain.

She waves goodbye before slipping into a large blue coat hanging on the rack by the door. As she locks the door from the outside, I let out a long sigh, realizing just how down in the dumps I must look. This situation is truly depressing.

After what feels like an eternity (two hours) of watching Friends reruns, I start to feel my brain turning to mush.

I mean, I even attempted to bake some brownies, and let's just say they came out looking like charcoal briquettes.