🌼🥀・Weddings and Candlelights (Lovertation)

Anniversaries and Candlelights pt. 2

A/N: I went to a wedding last week and got inspired. It was really cute! You wanna know what else was really cute? One of the bridesmaids. (She's straight and danced with her bf at the party 😭)
Warnings: small reference to a miscarriage
Pairing(s): Reputation x Lover (other ships make an appearance)
Requested: no

Reputation's POV
Midnights, 1989, and I were out shopping for mine and Lover's wedding coming up. It's still unbelievable to me that we're actually getting married. I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear a dress or a suit, so I just decided to see what looked best.

As I walked out of the changing room with a long, flowy dress, Midnights looked up from her phone, and I could tell she was holding back a laugh. 1989 looked at me once and slightly smiled.

"This is so uncomfortable. How do people even wear this for a whole ceremony?"
Midnights chimed in, "I have no idea. This dress looks kinda big anyways."
"Mid, it's just the style of the dress! I think it looks okay." 1989 said.
"I don't like it."

The two nodded their heads and gave me another dress they had picked out for me. They insisted that they'd find wedding gowns that "matched my style," but I'm starting to regret it.

Putting my arms through the straps of the white dress was a real struggle. I wondered how I'd even wear this on the day of the wedding. Eventually, I got them through.

I walked out again, this time being met with more negative expressions.

"You guys don't like it?"
"Eh, it's alright. It doesn't really stand out though." 1989 replied.
Midnights followed her comment, "Does it feel okay?"
"It's kinda tight, but I think it's supposed to be like that."

In the end, we all collectively decided that I should wear a tuxedo instead. It was more comfortable, easier to put on, and just overall looked better on me. 1989 argued that one of the dresses looked better, but later gave into my reasons.

..........................................

Lover's POV
"Lorie, can you get this zipper for me?"
"Sure!"

I brought Fearless and Folklore with me to a bridal store to pick out a gown for my upcoming wedding. Ever since Rep proposed to me that one night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. And now it's finally happening in just a couple of months!

Folklore was my biggest emotional support buddy throughout the whole dress try-on situation, telling me that I basically looked good in everything. Fearless on the other hand...

"It makes your butt look nonexistent."
"You look like you're 5'3 wearing that!"
"It's good. But-"
"Eh, looks kinda mid."

I didn't take any of Fearless's comments to heart though. In fact, I appreciated her honesty more than anything. However, I was quickly running out of options. That was until I found a dress in the back of the store. It turned out to be the perfect size and style—maybe it was just meant to be?

With the biggest adrenaline rush ever, I swiftly changed into it. The mirror told me that I looked stunning, all of this just adding on to my confidence boost. Then, I stepped out of the changing room with a wide smile plastered across my face.

"Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous!! Lover, you're gonna start a whole love story with that one!" Fearlesss exclaimed as she saw me.
"She's right, you look absolutely exquisite. I sense that Reputation's infatuation might just grow." Folklore said.

My smile grew bigger, if that was even possible. Safe to say, I ended up buying the dress.

..........................................
(Wedding day!)