Of Course, They Knew Something

Leni's POV

"Pangga ko! Asan ka po?" There it is, the voice I don't mind hearing all day.

"Darling, andito ako sa kitchen." I shouted back and in no time Risa's arms are wrapped around my waist.

This is the most perfect way to start today. Dito na natulog si Risa kasi maaga pa kaming pupunta for my oath-taking sa Congress. Tapos na akong mag oath-taking sa Naga but the party insisted na pagbigyan na daw yung Congress and have another oath-taking ceremony there.

My relationship with Risa has been going steady and amazing. But we have one agenda left unchecked and that is telling our children about us. We have been planning for weeks now pero palaging kulang ang mga bata and napakaraming missed days from school and work sila dahil sa campaign period so nahihiya na kami ni Risa na mag demand pa ulit ng time nila.

"Mahal ko? Ang lalim naman ng iniisip mo diyan. Care to share?" Risa said as she takes the first bite of her breakfast but her eyes were fixated on me.

"Wala ito, mahal. I'm just really thankful for us and our kids." I replied while giving her a reassuring smile.

"But?" She asked still not convinced of my answer.

"Hmmm .. but I'm kinda guilty na hindi pa natin nasasabi sa mga bata. Alam mo naman how much I love you and how much I want to tell it to the world but because of our field of work, I can't do that kasi I have to think about our reputation. But I don't want to keep us as a secret, especially to our kids." I poured my heart out to Risa and she sighed and stood up from her seat, leaned in front of me and hugged me tight.

"Alam ko na mahirap and we are trying naman diba? But yung schedule lang talaga natin hindi magka-ayos so we have no choice but to wait. I'm here, mahal and I share your sentiments. Now, smile na yang VP ko kasi ang ganda-ganda mo lalo kapag naka labas yang dimples na yan." Risa comforted me and traced her fingers on my face, slowly erasing my worries.

I'm really lucky that I have someone who calms my waves and worries. Risa really tamed the lion inside me. Oh, how I love her. We finished our breakfast and started preparing for the event.

The oath-taking just ended and a lot of people were coming my way to congratulate me and ask for some pictures. And I made sure that I attend to each one until l saw Risa trying to smooch herself into the crowd, it made me laugh knowing that she doesn't have to do that. Being my girlfriend, she just had to raise her hand and I'll come running to her side but that's not how she is. She'll patiently wait for her turn and would deny any special treatment. That's one of things I love her kasi ganyan din ako.

"VP! Hereeee! Pa picture naman ako please." She finally said as I was approaching her. I smiled and hugged her. Natawa kami kasi merong congresswoman na naipit sa gitna namin. Kung excited nga naman.

"HAPPY!" She said while taking a selfie. Hay nako, syadong halata naman netong girlfriend ko.

"Mahal, I'll wait for you in the car nalang po. Andyan na mga bata, mag family picture muna kayo." Risa whispered, I just smiled as a response.

Risa started walking away as the girls came closer to give us our privacy and family time, when suddenly...

"Asan si Tita Sen? TITA SEN! PICTURE PO TAYO WITH MAMA!" Jillian asked while roaming her eyes around the venue and finally saw Risa from afar.

Risa heard Jillian's loud voice, she smile and excitedly made her way back to us. I was confused with what's happening but I couldn't say that I'm not happy about it.

"Tita naman, ba't ka naman aalis without us having our picture pa. Sige ka, magtatampo kami." Tricia pouted as she reached to Risa for a hug.

My kids were never clingy but seeing them showing affection to Risa makes my heart happy. Risa was looking at me with the same surprised look in her face while she hugs the three girls. I smiled and held my heart, gesturing that I'm overwhelmed.