ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Naksh and Kairav landed in Pune. The one place they expected to find some information about their Akshu. Her baby. They needed to know if they were alright. Naksh felt his breath shorten as he walked on the exit ramp with his body guards suffocating him. He maybe old, but, never forgot his duty 'an uncle'. He had strictly told Krish to stick along with Maira. Who they knew, would throw the biggest tantrum. Sometimes he wondered if she really was his Kairav's kiddo. 

"Mamu, relax. We're here. Armaan Poddar's a nice lawyer right.,?" Kairav said offering his water bottle.  "Please, for Maira?" 

"Hmm..I hope he isn't that sort of the lawyer who works for money. I wouldn't spare-" 

"Jeez mamu, relax." Kairav smiled. "Car is here."

Naksh and Kairav got into the car and drove to the Singhania estate they had. Something was bothering Naksh but he felt the urge to ignore it even though he knew he could never be at peace. Upon taking the 4 hour ride both reached the Singhania Estate with a neatly organised staff welcoming them exposing their status. 

"Welcome sir!" The staff greeted leading them to the room where their lawyer Armaan sat. He looked respectful and worthy. 

"Good afternoon." Naksh said in a loud tone.  "Mr. Poddar, love the sincerity." 

"T..thank you." Armaan said in a nervous tone. "How could I miss this opportunity?" 

"Well, every single lawyer or employee says that. Alas, they leave within a few snaps." Kairav smirked challenging Armaan. 

Armaan gulped hearing those words. "I..I'll do my best." 

"Dekhte hain." Naksh said giving the files to Armaan. "Go through them." 

Armaan nodded before going through the files. The first thing he read was 'AKSHARA GOENKA' which made him stop short. Goenka? Goenkas? Ruhi's family? He wanted to question the files but knowing that he was sitting infront of the biggest businessmen, he knew it, silence. 
He knew there was this long lost daughter of the Goenkas but he wondered if his assumptions where true. "So, Mr. Singhania. Any reason behind her leaving her house? and if you are known to the exact detail. Which house?" 

Naksh and Kairav looked at each other hearing the question, "How can we trust you that you wouldn't leak the information Mr. Poddar?" 

"Well, I am working with the biggest businessmen. Why would I?" 

"That's exactly why people leak information!" Kairav said, "But since you are famous and have got a pretty good stability in your job at a young age. We'll tell you it, the 'Goenka house'. Mr. Manish Goenka's eldest grand daughter." 

Armaan stood stunned by the reply. He was right. Goenka Family. Ruhi's family. So that lady was technically Ruhi's aunt? 

"So Mr. Poddar, you look quiet tensed. All okay?" Naksh said examining the shock on Armaan's face. 

"Y...yes sir." Armaan said nervously still digesting the fact that he was fighting against Ruhi's family. 

"So sir, when do we start?" 

"Tomorrow at 12 pm. You need to be here." 

"O...Okay sir" 

"Remember. It's between the three of us. Mr. Poddar." 

"Yes sir." Armaan said, leaving the office. 

                                                                                              ~*~

"B.nanu??" Ruhi screamed at the words her great-grandfather had just said. "I don't want that lady! please don't do this.." 

"Manish ji, seriously? are you really favoring Akshara over Ruhi?" the home lawyer asked as he noticed a defeated Manish Goenka. 

"You have no right to say that statement! should I really remind you that you are nothing but a stupid home lawyer?" Manish shouted. "Leave" 

The lawyer nodded in embarrassment and left.  

"Okay and now? lawyer's gone? we lose the case and settle in jail or whatever punishment Naksh gives us?" Suvarna cried, "Manish ji, our happiness is without her." 

"And mine? you are happy. But I'm not. I've dying to see my grand-daughter and here you're blinded by the case on us? Suvarna what has gotten into you!" 

"What has gotten into me? hah, what has gotten into you? after 22 years. What's changed? She snatched Aaru and Neil. Which resulted into our daughter growing up an orphan! all thanks to Akshara jo khud abhimanyu ko bhi lekar chaligayi." 

"Suvarna!!" 

"You can't deny that. And talking about the case, we CAN lose and end up in jail. Then? will you be satisfied? I can't go to jail for something Akshara deserved. Trust me Manish ji, messing with Naksh is the far most BIGGEST MISTAKE. I cannot leave Ruhi in his shadow. He never liked Sirat or Aarohi." 

"So what?? Akshara is our Naira and Karthik's nishani. What am I supposed to answer them? huh? that I kicked out my pregnant grand-daughter? only god knows where she is and how her baby is.." Manish stressed. 

"B.nanu, that exact lady snatched my mom away. My papa away and you really want her in this house? why? why? am I not visible being happy? I'll end my life if she steps in here-" 

"Ruhi.." Manish cried tiredly. "Please. Let me die in peace...not like this." 

"B. nanu it's her or me." Ruhi said storming off. 

"Happy?" Suvarna stared angrily. 

"Atleast understand my intentions." Manish said, closing the door. 

"What intentions?" Suvarna asked. 

"I want to reunite Ruhi and Akshara." Manish smiled weakly. 

"How? She hates her as much as I do!" 

"Apni nafrat khatam karo, we clearly know akshu is innocent. It's just our mind which doesn't agree. Look Suvarna, I don't know how long I'm here. I need to see my Akshu before my antim sanskar." Manish said. 

"What are you saying.." Suvarna asked wiping her tears. 

"These were for Akshu na?" Manish said pointing towards Suvarna's tears. "Don't lie." 

Suvarna nodded lowly. 

"Look, even though you try to hate her, you just can't. She's too pure just like Karthik." Manish smiled thinking about her. 

"I agree..but whenever I think of Akshu, I just see Aaru's death scene. It haunts me." Suvarna cried. "I loved my daughters equally but my heart doesn't agree." 

"I know.." Manish nodded. 

"Then?" 

"We'll find our Akshu back." 

"A-and video?" 

"No." 

"Why not?" 

"The trauma on Ruhi will be engraved. She wouldn't breathe freely knowing she killed her own mother." 

                                                                                  ~*~

Hey hru? Here's a update for my amazing readers :) (I know it's short)

Can we get 100+ votes? please? (I'll update quick. Really quick hehe)

until the next update, take care <3 

byeee <3