1

It was summer of 2016

Was THE BEST, MY LOVE, MY LIFE, MY FAVE, THE VIBE, THE MUSIC.

We met in 2010 of January. When I first saw him, a little boy. I am giving invitations, ‘cause my brother’s birthday.

(Who’s this kid? He is cute right.) I thought that moment when he turned his head to meet my eyes. I don't pay my attention to some random 5 year old.

That's how she thinks.

—2013

“Jade. It is forbidden to allow other children to get here inside. Okay?” My grandfather said

He is tough. Strict about different things. He has nice mole in his nice mustache. He acts like that, like a moody man but I know him, he is a soft in soul in heart. Especially for us, his grandchildren, He love us, and he’s over protective also to his things which is special to him. ‘Was saying about his pede-cab

Because it’s really important for him to maintained safe and not allowed to be touched by other childrens in the streets, where playing, our neighbors’ kids

Because it’s really important for him to maintained safe and not allowed to be touched by other childrens in the streets, where playing, our neighbors’ kids. I’m incharge for being an eye to say to them go away when they get closer, Tatay (Father in tagalog) said it might be break.

“Alright, Tay” My tone is that of an obedient granddaughter

“Except. Just Cristan can go here, alright, just got to go to somewhere important. I’m gonna be hurry, okay?”

“Oh, okay, Tay. I understand.”

“Hey, didn't Tatay say,”

(You're calling like it's your Tatay now huh) *She thought* “-it's okay if I'm the only one to enter your house?” Cristan said infront of other kids who wants to be my playmate, they're getting many so I decided to say...

“YES... So, if you don't mind guys, others of you’all can go now. Just next time, my Tatay will get mad..” I said as if it sounds apologizing.

The kids said “Let’s go, let’s go!” I make a sad face and their faces are too.

It’s just, Tatay didn't want to hear alot of noises. If I want to play with other kids I need to go out.

But it's okay like this, I like spending time talking to Cristan. He is a great friend a nice friend- person? Yea. He seems like doesn't know how to be furious. Once I asked him “Can’t you get mad?”

“Of course I can be.”

“You seemed not” That’s how he looks like.

He has short hair, tightly side eyes, like when he smiles it seems like his eyes are totally closing. He's patient, he likes to learned some different things watching dancing, he likes horror like me. He likes rain, me too. He likes dark I like stars. He's so kind like he would share something with me, nor food.

I really love about him. He always say sorry when every time we were in an argument. And I will say it, ‘I know it's my fault.’

Yea. My grandfather likes him as a friend of mine I think, because. His father is not a someone else anymore to our family, our families knows each other even before we came, my Titos (Uncles) are his father's childhood friends.

—2016

Back to this year. I've got realized that there's something “It can't be.” I kept saying. I kept felt something.

I like... Nope. Stop. “Baby-Jade!” He called me. BY. THAT. NAME. I don't like it

“Whaaat? Just Jade. Don't call me like that, nor whatever- just do not. Call me like-” I roll my eyes

“So what else? Name you want me to call you” My grandparents always called me like that. Maybe he gets the idea, urgh.

“My name” I calmly said, before again doing my journal

“Madeleine”

Our eyes met, he had that cute questionable look “Yep."

“Okay.”

“Come in”

He swept to the couch, holding a bread, eating it. We’re now both 12, and yes. I think I had a crush. O GOSH, CRUSH ON HIM