Chapter 6 Compensation

Emily opened her eyes with her mind in a fog. She said nothing but sat there as if in a trance. The sky outside the window was very cloudy, and she couldn't see when it was.

She still had an ache in stomach, so she curled up on her side, with her knees tucked up at her chin ,like a shrimp. Maybe she was hungry, but she had no appetite.

The memory of last night was not very clear. She was now trying to think what had happened yesterday. She covered her stomach with one hand and pressed the other to her forehead, trying to recall the details.

Oh, yes, she remembered. She remembered that she was drenched with the annoying rain last night. But now her clothes were very dry, and even her hair was clean.

But it also occurred to her that when she said she wanted to go back, she fainted and had no idea what happened next. Maybe Mark cleaned herself up and changed her clothes.

This was really annoying. Something seemed to churn in Emily's stomach, making her want to vomit. Fortunately, she didn't. She moved slightly and saw the alarm clock beside her bed, showing it was after nine in the morning.

After moving her body slightly, Emily finally woke up completely, and she gradually remembered what had happened yesterday. She sat up and looked around. She realized that she was still in the hotel room, and she was alone. And just at this time, she heard the footsteps outside the door. Someone is opening the door.

Someone turned the doorknob. Then, Mark came in with something.

"Oh! Uh... Hey honey, are you awake already?" He asked with his unnatural expression , apparently not expecting Emily to wake up so soon, and then Mark stood there with a rigid smile on his face.

Emily nodded at him. She saw that Mark had a lot of things in his hands, like a lot of food, and -- a bunch of flowers.

"Hmm .... I actually just went to buy some food..." Mark raised the things in his hand, and there was a big bag. "Dear... I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now, but I beg you, please, eat something."

He lowered his head slightly, like a child who had made a mistake, and his face contained an expression full of grievances and apologies, as if he were about to shed tears.

Emily looked at Mark's expression and she almost cried, too. This is the man she has been deeply in love with. Even though last night's lipstick has become a thorn in her heart, she still couldn't really hate Mark from the bottom of her heart.

Mark took a few steps forward and handed her the bouquet: "Dear... I don't expect you to forgive me right now, but these flowers might mean something."

Emily hesitated, but still, she reached out to take the flowers. She remembered the same flowers from Mark on her birthday, but her mood was totally different.

She put the flower on the cupboard beside her bed and let it fall. Mark's eyes followed Emily's movements until she put the flowers down, he turned his head and refused to look at it.

Then Mark quickly passed the food to Emily. She opened it and looked inside, finding almost all of her favorite things. She habitually took out a hamburger and handed it to Mark, and Mark did not think that Emily was still thinking about taking care of him.

It took a while before Mark reached out and took the hamburger. He devoured the hamburger in a few minutes.

Then Emily picked herself a healthier sandwich. She nibbled at it and said, "That doesn't mean it's over, Mark. I want to go back, and I have to know everything. You shouldn't try to hide something from me." The sandwich finally made her upset stomach feel a lot better.