chapter : 12

think i'm getting butterflies, but it's really, something telling me to run away.

.

the low sound of the air conditioner resounded through the empty room, filling the thick silence, as jungkook waited patiently for the call to be answered.

his phone vibrated with each ring, as he bit his lips, his slender fingers grasping the edge of the device tightly, as if finding support with the clutch of it.

"hello?" hwan's deep voice resonated inside the silent room.

"hyung-nim, I have a news..."

"I thought I'd give you a call myself. good thing you did it yourself." jungkook gulped. the guy surely did tell hwan about taehyung.

"I heard you were having fun with kim taehyung in the park. is that true, jungkook?"

"hyung-nim, it's not what you th-"

"I don't like to beat around the bush, jungkook. you know that very well. so, let me come straight to the point. are you sleeping with him?"

"no! that's what he told you?!" jungkook's jaw stiffened in anger, as he clenched his fist.

"that doesn't matter. and, I don't give a shit if you and him are dating or in any kind of relationship. all I need is seokjin. that's it. make sure whatever you do won't affect the mission."

hwan seemed pretty unbothered about him and taehyung. and jungkook was relieved from that, for he has been worrying about his reaction the whole day.

what jungkook wasn't aware of, is that hwan actually thinks that their relationship would only make things easier for jungkook to get his way with jin. so, he rather found it as a good thing.

jungkook remained silent, taking in whatever hwan just briefed him.

"about your news?"

"oh, yeah.. taehyung, he just asking me to move in with him-- in the kim mansion." hwan was surprised to hear that.

they're that close? he decided not to question it.

"that's a great news! this is exactly what I wanted. you focus on befriending seokjin. and since you'll be staying there all day, it's gonna make it easier for us."

jungkook sighed, and agreed to whatever he said.

"and, by the way- me and him are good friends. he asked me to move in with him 'cause he got to know I had troubles staying alone in my place, and that I was planning in moving in with yeonjun for sometime."