Chapter 43

"I will tear the nails right off your pretty fingertips and I'll crush your finger joints with a rusty pair of pliers. Then I'll cut off one of your ears and then I'll shower you in kisses. Tell me, Tell me! Does it hurt? Come on, Scream some more for me!"

"STUPID PIECES OF SHIT!" Vera screamed with her very glitchy voice and a smile that said someone would die at her hands.

Zaizar sat next to her, in a fetal position far enough not to be in her way.  He lowered his eyes, thinking of the prior conversation he had. Zaizar stayed silent, he'd rather not provoke Vera in her current state.

She bitterly looked at him, still glitching horribly, "What are you thinking of?"

Zaizar sighed, forcing the answer out of his mouth, "An enemy refused to fight and instead chose to have a conversation with me. The conversation itself was of no worth, only giving me a false hope."

Vera perked up, "Oh is that so?"

She floated over and held his cheeks, with a smile on her face. However the continuous glitches revealed her anger had not faded.

"Oh not to worry my dear partner in crime! I know just what will cheer you up!"

Zaizar's fins closed and his tail hid between his legs at her closeness.

"What is that?" Zaizar asked, having an idea of the answer already. One he didn't like.

Vera smiled sinisterly, "Oh just... attacking them directly. They have a blue print anyway. Shame.... Zelo would have much such a good teammate. No need, he'll look even better with his head on a spike!"

Zaizar flinched and nodded, seeing the warning.

"Shall I kill the one who has the blueprint?" Zaizar asked

"I'll do that myself. You will not even look at the damn blueprints." Vera bitterly snapped, revealing the anger that had never faded to begin with.

Zaizar didn't reply, he just nodded.

𝚁𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚁𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚁𝚒𝚗𝚐!

Hazel walked around, ringing the bell until her "victim" woke up. Quite a few pillows were tossed at her.

"Will you stop using that damn bell?" Peach grumbled.

Hazel smiled and nodded a no, "I tried other tactics yesterday and this was the only one that worked."

Charolette got up and stretched, "What's on the agenda today? I'm listening!"

"Their waiting for Vera to make her move, since they don't know her objective yet." Zelo replied, "Arthos wants us to be prepared for ambush attacks though, since apprently those tend to be common"

"Will do! But if we're preparing, how will our new friend defend themselves? Especially since 'Miss Vending Machine' has a bounty on her!" 

"Rosie has weapons to defend herself. Even then, Cyrus and Guardian will help her" Hazel reassured.

"Makes sense! Now, wanna train with me, Dad?"  Charolette asked Ethan.

"Sorry, Charlie, I need to train self defense to Noah.. How about you train with one of your friends for now?" Ethan replied, looking at Charlotte.

"No problem, Dad! I understand!" Charolette replied.

"Eat something first." Hazel insisted, "Zelo made food again. He's getting really good at it"

 "Now that you mention it, I could definitely eat something!" Charolette blinked, walking to the kitchen.