8

THE TWENTY ONE YEAR OLD DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE IDEA OF WHAT THE FUTURE HELD FOR THEM. She was fine with that. She was fine with not knowing that they would have three children in the future and that one of them would come to inherit her infamous sapphire rose garden—a garden she had cultivated that was one of a kind, an impeccable shade of blue known to only be found in the eyes of Killua Zoldyck. There were unofficial rumors that it was one of the most beautiful colors in the world, a few rankings below the Kurta eyes.

In fact .. After Kurapika hadn't shown up to their wedding, Aurora had shipped him a bouquet by special means of tracking. The blonde was very content to receive them.

Their new home was at the foot of the mountain that housed the World Tree. It was a small and cozy one story home with many, many windows that allowed natural light to seep in along with two bedrooms, one for the married couple and of course one for Gon who would always have a room no matter where they lived or stayed.

This was the house that had made Aurora into a morning person to the extent of even leaving the haven of her bed and out of the arms of the clingy male assassin to get up and sit on the couch for a little while, sifting through emails. It had been weeks since they'd been on an adventure and that was weeks too long, so the two decided to climb the World Tree again later that day to see if they would get any ideas on where to go to next.

"Aurora?"

The voice echoed throughout the home. It was a deep and husky, clearly sleepy voice that was hoarse as could be. He always refused or forgot to drink water, much to the woman's dismay.

Her head perked up, turning to the left towards the hallway that led to their room was as she hummed. "Yeah? I'm in the living room." The house wasn't that large, so granted it took a few quiet soundless strides for the man to reach her. Although his expression wasn't what she'd assumed. Instead, he looked confused, rubbing his eyes.

Aurora put her cup of coffee down.

They had two large double glass sliding doors that replaced a wall and instead gave them a full view of the backyard and landscape that allowed the gentle rustling of leaves hum in the air. There was just the right amount of light that reflected onto the walls.

Naturally, her expression brightened and the feeling of weariness melted away when she saw Killua. "You're up earlier than usual today." She smiled, looking up at him as he now stood in between her and the table. "That kind of thing is going to happen if I wake up by myself in bed." He grumbled, collapsing his body onto her own.

She let out a few airy giggles.

"You're like a leech."

"You're one to talk."

To them, time was like fabric. It wrapped around them and engulfed the perception and depth in the world that they held, sinking them into the arms of a perpetual world that even they hadn't comprehended yet. Upon the dozens and hundreds of people they'd met and come upon, even the near decade they'd spent with one another .. Aurora and Killua never grew tired of being with each other.

Likely because they were both poor influences on each other in their own ways.

There was something that caused Killua to perk his head up .. something that drew out his bloodlust. "What is it?" She didn't feel any particular Nen .. but he felt something, and typically Killua's instinct was much better than her own.

"Someone's outside in the back."

Did they have a death wish?

They both were quiet as he quickly slipped on a shirt and stepped outside wordlessly. Aurora stood inside, awaiting for Killua to end his little cat and mouse endeavor so they could spend some time on the couch together.