Chapter 3

Patty, Jeremy, and Burt had just arrived at the old lighthouse.

It was very brown and rusty looking, but the scenery was very relaxing.

They were in the upper floor where the beacon was.

"Gee willickers gee! This place is terrific!" Patty cheered. "I knew it'd be perfect for our fiftieth date."

"It's so romantic" said Jeremy.

"Yeah" Burt agreed. "The sky, the ocean... thanks again for letting me come."

"You're welcome" Patty whispered empathetically.

"I'm just glad to be with my friends since I'm... you know... single" said Burt near tears. 

Patty nodded. "Maybe you'll feel better once the light's lit."

"It doesn't look like it works" said Jeremy.

"Aw, gee. Lighthouses always look best lit. They don't call 'em lighthouses for nothing" said Patty.

Burt moved to a nearby table and saw a big black book. "Holy unspoken legend. This must be the old lighthouse keeper's journal."

Jeremy opened the book and saw a picture of a tall man with glasses and black hair at his wedding to a pretty woman who also had black hair, but was shorter than him.

"This must be his picture" said Jeremy. "Is this his wife? She's lovely."

"She's a keeper" said Burt. 

"Okay, calm down. Burt's drooling on the picture" said Patty.

"Sorry" said Burt.

Jeremy looked at the book again and saw a note written on the next page. "And here's a journal entry the keeper's wife must have written."

Burt read the entry aloud.

Dear diary,

Tis freezing today, but I'm shielded from the biting wind in the warm arms of my husband. 

He is strong, handsome, the light of my life.

He rivets me with his lighthouse keeping stories...

"My goodness. They really seem to have loved each other" said Jeremy. 

"I'd certainly do everything for that gorgeous girl" said Burt.

"And she looks so beautiful in that wedding dress. I wonder what they served. Fish and cape cod chips?" said Jeremy.

"If the wife were alive today, I bet we'd be soulmates" said Burt.

"Ew!" Patty grunted. "You'd be a hundred."

"That's okay. I like mature women" said Burt. "Too bad I'll never find a woman like the wife."

Just then, a beautiful blonde girl came up the stairs and noticed the three friends.

She had an angular face shape and wore a red dress with white dots.

"Oh, hello" she greeted. "I wasn't expecting company. My name is Victoria."

Burt was immediately smitten with her. "Found her! Dibs."

Back at Splash Mountain, the Brer animals were just about to slide in the mud patch.

Brer Fox slid on his belly, cheering "This is satisfactual!" 

"Mud, shake hans wid ma butt!" Brer Rabbit squeal.

Then he slid on his behind in the mud. "Yo turn, Brer Bear."

"I dunno. Brer Chad sed we couldn't. It seems so wrong" said Brer Bear.

"Which makes it feel so right" said Brer Rabbit.

"Oh, alright" said Brer Bear.

Then he slid on his behind and cheered. "This is fun!"